LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Upgrading m5550 graphics

Guest solster

Guest solster

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my m5550 from the x1400 to the x1800, it overheats a lot and the card i believe is starting to fail, or maybe the CPU.

Either way, I want to upgrade the two of them, whats the best gfx card I can get in the m5550 at the moment, I want one that will not overheat the laptop but provide good performance, i was thinking about the 9600m gt but seen there could be issues with it.

I want a card that will provide good graphics for cod4 and cod6 (when its out :))

also, what CPU you guys suggest for this laptop?

Thanks for ya help people :)

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my m5550 from the x1400 to the x1800, it overheats a lot and the card i believe is starting to fail, or maybe the CPU.

Either way, I want to upgrade the two of them, whats the best gfx card I can get in the m5550 at the moment, I want one that will not overheat the laptop but provide good performance, i was thinking about the 9600m gt but seen there could be issues with it.

I want a card that will provide good graphics for cod4 and cod6 (when its out :))

also, what CPU you guys suggest for this laptop?

Thanks for ya help people :)

Hi!

I did the upgrade from the Nvidia Go 7600 to the X1800. Had to dremel a bit of the heat sink plate to allow for the large card with higher elements. Works like a charm, no overheating at all.

Good luck!