LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers that enable stereo mix sigmatel inspiron 1720 Vista 32

Guest romuse

Hello everyone...been reading true different posts on different forums and no success in having stereo mix on my system

Tried different options drivers and no luck

even tried the suggested workaround of installing windows xp drivers for sigmatel in compatibility mode (result loosing all sound)

my system is as follow

DELL Inspiron 1720

Windows Vista 32 bit

Audio: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC 7.1.4.2 Manufacturer SigmaTel 7.1.4.3 PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F2&REV_1002\4&23AD9263&0

any suggestions or post from people with same problem hardware will be benefical

mod drivers suggestions?

any help will be appreciated

Just download and install this, Everything should work then. with this driver, the stereo option will be named like a mic and you have to enable it after installing the driver. http://www.filefront.com/14470627/undefined

Just download and install this, Everything should work then. with this driver, the stereo option will be named like a mic and you have to enable it after installing the driver. http://www.filefront.com/14470627/undefined

Hi and thanks for the reply...

sorry for asking but have you tried this driver that you mentioned on the inspiron 1720?

The reason Im asking is the last time I installed other droivers the sound went off for good and DELL had to reinstall the sound part on my card again

all I need is a confirmation that this driver has worked on an inspiron 1720 model

thanks

tried the driver...

still see a red mark on the audio sign on the bar

sound working

no stereo mix even after enabling all devices and howing hidden devices

can you send me a cresn shot of possible please of the sound recording option on the recording control

tried all duplicate entries of mic and none of them record stereo mix

thanks

Just open the wrt.ini file and remove the filters section. This will allow u to get sound going with the driver. I am currently using that driver for my computer. I have a dell Vostro 1500 and the stereo mix is called internal mic. Remember if u cant hear sound, stereo mix won't work.

You can go here for more help with this. "

Edited by mrx

Just open the wrt.ini file and remove the filters section. This will allow u to get sound going with the driver. I am currently using that driver for my computer. I have a dell Vostro 1500 and the stereo mix is called internal mic. Remember if u cant hear sound, stereo mix won't work.

You can go here for more help with this. "

tried all options including what you mentioned in your reply but no stereo mix...I have audio working but no stereo mix...I do see the internal mic entry but when I enable it I still cant use stereo mix....

thanks