LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 6600 on windows 7

vjkid137

I have the card in the title on my 4 yr old ibuypower notebook. I just recently upgraded from XP to Vista to Windows 7. I tried the 186.82 i think it was but my monitor shows nothing past the "starting windows" screen so i know it still works. the only way i am typing this now is by using my lcd tv as my monitor. anyone know what could be wrong?

update: uninstalling the video drviers lets me use the monitor but only in a crappy resolution. i just tried Dox's drivers from another thread but get the same thing as before, no picture past the "starting windows" screen.

Edited by vjkid137

i have with no luck. this is the message i get after uninstalling the driver.

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

• 1 month later...
Guest Charlie

I have the card in the title on my 4 yr old ibuypower notebook. I just recently upgraded from XP to Vista to Windows 7. I tried the 186.82 i think it was but my monitor shows nothing past the "starting windows" screen so i know it still works. the only way i am typing this now is by using my lcd tv as my monitor. anyone know what could be wrong?

update: uninstalling the video drviers lets me use the monitor but only in a crappy resolution. i just tried Dox's drivers from another thread but get the same thing as before, no picture past the "starting windows" screen.

hi... you fix the problem ?? i have the same problen with a nvidia 6600 in my alienware... please help...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Callahan

Is there a driver for Windows 7 for my 6800 Go? Or arent they really supported? My device id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_107C1734

I have tried both drivers for Vista with modded inf:s and tried to change the inf-file in Windows 7 drivers. I have tried old Win Xp drivers as well and often games and all runs very well but i cant set up multi monitors on my laptop, like running my TV as secondary display. Is it because of Windows 7 or bad driver support?

It feels like i tiny thing for me but, could you guys fix this problem? Do i need a special modified inf to get this card in my laptop rocking again? Is it just possible for me to modify an inf-file by my self just by adding the line PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C8&SUBSYS_107C1734 on the right place? Alot of questions but just 1 problem.

• 2 years later...
Guest ashford

Hi, Please Help!

My Laptop a SAMSUNG M70 has a GeForce Go 6600 128MB in it,

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit, using the standard VGA driver as cannot find an suitable driver that works!

Some from this site install but will give me a black screen past windows Startup.

I have to remove the driver in safe mode and revert to standard VGA to get to work again.

The Samsung support site only lists Vista and XP drivers, Tried these - No Good. -No support from the Nvidea site.

Please can someone write me and all the other people with the same card a Driver.

ASH Many Thanks