LaptopVideo2Go Forums

179.48 on Asus A8JM - panning only at 1680 ?

spacedog

Hey,

So I'm a bit stumped.

I was using the official nvidia driver package from Asus a8jm running a go 7600 512mb card, but the driver is from 2006 and pretty old.

I decided to upgrade to the 179.48 driver release using the modded INF and everything went along wonderfully.

Installed, rebooted, all was good, some graphic glitches were gone and my external Samsung 226bw looked glorious in it's native 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Rebooted a few times over 3 days...all good.

Then today, I reboot and now it looks like my go 7600 will not send a 1680 x 1050 signal to my 226bw on my DVI connection.

The control panel says it's set to 1680 x 1050, but my Samsung is receiving a 1280 x 1024 resolution signal BUT 1680 x 1050 pixel ratio.

So what I have is a display at 1280 x 1024 that is in panning mode to display the 1680 x 1050 pixels.

I have no idea how to reset or what caused this problem to crop up after 3 days and a few reboots.

I'm rolling back to official Asus driver, but I'd really like to use the newer modded 179.48 driver because it was a vast improvement over the ancient Asus nvidia driver.

Any idea what to do?

Asus a8jm

WinXP sp3

2048 RAM

go 7600 512mb

edit: I attached a NERD report, but I don't see it on this post now?

Edited by spacedog