LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FX GO5200 OC and sideband

cdoublejj

well let me start by saying i'm not going to ask for the best driver i know better. I have tried the optimized drivers several versions even 77.7 i think but, the download link was wack and for a way diffrent version and an x64 at that! I found this but, if you scroll down some one mentions you guys and you guys doing a better job (laptop2go) wich brigns me BACK here wondering wondering if i can do better assuming this hack doesn't have the sideband enabled. Now let me say this i googled up on my fxgo5200 wich i have on my tecra m2 s730 wich is the 64mb version! i found a close match a satellite m30 wich runs the same chip set i855Pm if i'm not mistaken any ways it says it is underclocked wich is why i want Oc it and that sideband is disabled i'm not sure if it is still possible to enable with the modded inf wich i saw on the inf enhancer. any i haven't tried this link yet http://fredfred.net/skriker/index.php/geforce-fx-go5200-with-latest-forceware-drivers/ so was wondering if something better could be had or just stick with this so far my efforts have been futile even with the coolbits hacks and reg files.

EDIT i was wondering if i can enable OCing can i make it so it sets my predetermined clock at every boot?

34r.png

I looked up the specs and these babies sit pretty at 300mhz stock and i hope i can squeeze more out, maybe 350mhz would nice i highly doubt it'll do 400mhz i heard the 5xxx fx series in general sucks. So getting the clock rates up, I should be able to play some decent games at lower quality maybe even red alert 3 but that is getting my hopes up, technically my Tecra would run c&c 3 since it does meet min req. i upgraded the cpu and ram and now hopefully the gpu.

I hope your eyes haven't fallen out from my chatter.

Edited by cdoublejj

EDIT i was wondering if i can enable OCing can i make it so it sets my predetermined clock at every boot?

I looked up the specs and these babies sit pretty at 300mhz stock and i hope i can squeeze more out, maybe 350mhz would nice i highly doubt it'll do 400mhz i heard the 5xxx fx series in general sucks. So getting the clock rates up, I should be able to play some decent games at lower quality maybe even red alert 3 but that is getting my hopes up, technically my Tecra would run c&c 3 since it does meet min req. i upgraded the cpu and ram and now hopefully the gpu.

You can save the settings to be loaded on new boot.

My go5700 was default 350/580 and oveclocked easily to 380/690. But it was a hot card so the temperatures had to be monitored to keep some safety. And finally something blew...

i should have AC5ed the heat sync under the motherboard when i had it apart sounds like 350 sounds reasonable. so far with the stock toshiba driver i ca run n64 emulator no problem wich is good cause i want the power i can get out of it reasonably so i still have reliability .

after trying the above link with the inf it links and also with the inf enhancer even with ntune or the coolbits mod i can't oc this fxgo5200

200 is the normal clock speed for the mobile version of the FX 5200, which indeed is lower than the desktop version. This is to reduce heat and save battery life. Overclocking won't net you enough performance to offset those issues, but if you really need it, try using RivaTuner. It has two methods of overclocking - one of them should work.

with a good driver wich i have an idea from another thread linked in a pinned topic some said they got some good results with doom3 so i will start with that a 50mhz boost should plus i have thoroughly cleaned this top, 50 mhz even with a tiny boost would be nice the tecra m2 does not have upgradable gfx. i doubt i could score an upgradable laptop for even 100 bucks if i wanted.

well i did some testing the thermal throttle smeed to kick in even with stock speeds granted it i did have sideband forced on but think that isn't the issue. any who i'll have to find a better ebay deal or soemthing

now if can only get the bios modded to take care of thermal throttling