LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop Cooler for HP DV7-1020ea

Bades

Hello Everybody.

For some time, I have been thinking about getting a laptop cooler as my laptops fan as started vibrating and seems to have lost cooling effiency. The temperature of the laptop is not incredibly high but sometimes after prolonged periods of use, the keyboard gets very warm.

What I intend to do is to clean out the notebook soon (its a fairly new laptop and the inside has never been cleaned) but a friend told me I should invest in a laptop cooler.

Now I don't know any good or trusted brands for laptop coolers and have browsed some coolers on Amazon and Best Buy but there seems to be quite a few bad reviews of coolers not doing their job properly or breaking down. If any of you own a laptop cooler or is familiar with a laptop cooler, I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

try the antec notebook cooler 200 (one of the more expansive ones tho)

for me it cools about 10 celcius in load

1x 200mm fan :)

Edited by ChronicNL

The Zalman NC2000 is still an excellent choice.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. The antec notebook cooler seems to have had generlly positive reviews but seems quite expensive. I'm a student you see and I'm not sure I can afford that. I'll have a look at the Zalman a bit later.

However, people have advised me to spend the money on notebook coolers as I have heard the cheaper ones look nice but don't really do the job.

Many Thanks

Use some mutipurpose oil your laptop fan. SINGER sewing machine's stuff, very easy to buy.

I had the same problem a few years before on my laptop, and the noise and vibrations totally disappeared. You just need to open your laptop until you reach the fan.

Disassembly guides are available on HP's website. :)

should definitely shell out the cash needed for a quality notebook cooler

anything around $40-$50

Edited by StaFForD

Right, I bought the Antec notebook cooler 200 and it has just arrived. Decided to go for the more expensive cooler as it had very good reviews and seems to work well with the DV7. Thanks to everybody who posted on this thread. Will also oil the fan and I have also cleaned the heatsink of dust, which actually lowered the temps by 5C. Will Unbox later.