LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Intel Core i7 for laptops

Galdere

...quad-cores based on a 45nm process, with 32nm dual-core models following in early 2010...

...1.73GHz i7-820QM flanked on both sides by the 1.6GHz i7-720QM and the top of the range 2GHz i7-920XM.

Unlike their Core 2 Quad predecessors, all four cores boast Hyper-Threading; a move that allows the processors to handle as many as eight separate threads at once...

...if two or more cores are sitting unused, and the processor isn’t running too hot or drawing too much current, Turbo mode kicks in and ups the speed of the remaining cores. For the i7-820QM, this can take the stock speed of 1.73GHz up to a maximum of 3.06GHz, while the i7-720QM and i7-920XM push up to 2.8GHz and 3.2GHz respectively.

Review

Guest g60force

OMG just got a new laptop, but know I now which portable gaming unit i'll be getting 2010+ :)

I thought my new 18'4" FullHD C2D @2.0Ghz with 9600M GT 1024 OC'ed was the bomb, but this is getting serious ... can't wait!!!

THNX for sharing, greets from the Netherlands!

...with 9600M GT 1024 OC'ed was the bomb,

Well, they did much faster laptops over 2 years ago...

Guest g60force

Well, they did much faster laptops over 2 years ago...

So tru... but not voor 700euro :)

BANG FOR BUCK DUDE!!

O and guess 2years ago no 18'4" 1920x1080 fullhd :P also included in this cheapass lappie...

LOLZ.. ACER 8930G 4GB DDR3 Windows7 x64 etc. now that's what I'm talking about, off course there are always better :)

Guest ShnikeJSB

So tru... but not voor 700euro :)

BANG FOR BUCK DUDE!!

O and guess 2years ago no 18'4" 1920x1080 fullhd :P also included in this cheapass lappie...

LOLZ.. ACER 8930G 4GB DDR3 Windows7 x64 etc. now that's what I'm talking about, off course there are always better :)

My now-over-1-year-old Gateway P-7811fx was $1,250 at Best Buy and has a 9800M GTS, 17" 1920x1200 screen, 4GB DDR3, etc... So...

:unsure:

Whoo! Can't wait. In the next years i will be buying a newer laptop so Core i7 will DEFINATELY be one of the things i want in a laptop.

Whoo! Can't wait. In the next years i will be buying a newer laptop so Core i7 will DEFINATELY be one of the things i want in a laptop.

I buy a new laptop every 4 years... maybe longer if nvidia keeps there driver support going and games continue to optimize better for multicore architecture.

I buy a new laptop every 4 years... maybe longer if nvidia keeps there driver support going and games continue to optimize better for multicore architecture.

Well my laptop's only about 2yrs old but in about another year i want to get something that has more balls so them announcing Core i7 is nice considering i was thinking on going C2Q.