LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can the IRQ be changed

Guest Marc

hi,

is it possible to modify the inf file of the nvidia driver so a specific IRQ is being assigned?

if no driver is installed the quadro card takes IRQ4 which is fine, after installing the driver it takes IRQ 16 which is shared by the intel chipset.

i would like to see it using IRQ 4 again so it doesn't has to be shared with other hardware...

is this possible?

tia,

marc

Open the device manager, select 'View' from the toolbar menu and then click 'Resources by Type'. Open 'Interrupt Request (IRQ)'. Right click your quadro card, select 'Properties', then 'Resources' tab. Untick 'Use automatic settings' and choose what you want. If it's greyed out you gotta disable ACPI.

Open the device manager, select 'View' from the toolbar menu and then click 'Resources by Type'. Open 'Interrupt Request (IRQ)'. Right click your quadro card, select 'Properties', then 'Resources' tab. Untick 'Use automatic settings' and choose what you want. If it's greyed out you gotta disable ACPI.

like you say, all windows systems are ACPI and thus you can't change the irq

if you disable ACPI you have to reinstall the pc with a standard pc HAL

this results in no multi processor support and no battery support and you have to manually turn off the knob to shutdown the system, basically going back to the dark ages

that's why i ask if it is possible to tweak this through the driver...

thx

I have the very same question. Strangely, most of the important devices in my machine seems to love use IRQ 7, witch I did not see as good idea at all - quess what can some extreme frequent calls to at least one of the devices sharing the very same IRQ cause... :)

106j578.jpg

So, w/o disabling ACPI, is there a way to "suggest with sledgehammer" Windows to use or try use particular IRQ for particular device first, and if is not available, well, then decide witch one...?

Or should the moding take place IN Windows? It will not be the first file I change in Windows anyway.

Or at least a way to "suggest" windows to use certain latency settings would be great. Setting 256 found after installing is crazy. 128 is so, so... 96 for 2D work is even bettter...