LaptopVideo2Go Forums

3D Vision Discover

Guest 3D_Vision_Discover

Guest 3D_Vision_Discover

Any one knows how to enable this on the 8800M? (Mobile 8800 is not officially supported; only the desktop version is, but there might be some trick):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Discover_Main.html

I have the latest 186.91 (mobile) driver under Windows 7 x64 and the required cyan/red glasses. No special display is required for 3D Discover.

P.S. This is not the old 3D vision; see comparison table at:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Overview.html

Guest 3D_Vision_Discover

Any one knows how to enable this on the 8800M? (Mobile 8800 is not officially supported; only the desktop version is, but there might be some trick):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Discover_Main.html

I have the latest 186.91 (mobile) driver under Windows 7 x64 and the required cyan/red glasses. No special display is required for 3D Discover.

P.S. This is not the old 3D vision; see comparison table at:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Overview.html

Update: I have installed successfully installed without errors both 3DVision_190.62.exe (found inside the desktop 190.62 driver) and NVIDIA_3D_Vision_Video_Player_1.4.7.msi (from NVIDIA's 3D Vision Web site). I amstill waiting for someone to make them work with 186.91. They should add an entry in NVIDIA CPL but they haven't. They have only added start menu entries. Clicking on 'Enable 3D Vision' does nothing, though I can see the 3D Vision service has started successfully (automatically on startup). Perhaps it is looking for matching core NVIDIA driver files v190.xx or higher? Perhaps we should wait for a mobile version of the latter, or maybe there is a registry hack or something else to patch to have 3D Vision Discover work with 186.91 (mobile 8800M)?

Guest 3D_Vision_Discover

Update: I have installed successfully installed without errors both 3DVision_190.62.exe (found inside the desktop 190.62 driver) and NVIDIA_3D_Vision_Video_Player_1.4.7.msi (from NVIDIA's 3D Vision Web site). I amstill waiting for someone to make them work with 186.91. They should add an entry in NVIDIA CPL but they haven't. They have only added start menu entries. Clicking on 'Enable 3D Vision' does nothing, though I can see the 3D Vision service has started successfully (automatically on startup). Perhaps it is looking for matching core NVIDIA driver files v190.xx or higher? Perhaps we should wait for a mobile version of the latter, or maybe there is a registry hack or something else to patch to have 3D Vision Discover work with 186.91 (mobile 8800M)?

It works! Simply use 3DVision_186.30.exe - We have been missing a LOT without 3D!!!

Ok, thx, ill try that out now.

For the moment, i have it working by manually replacing the 8800M gtx 186.91 driver with the latest one for the original 8800 gtx and then installing the 186.18 3d vision. but i cant open the nvidia control panel due to the wrong version of the driver installed.

il try your solutiuon, i hope it works.

ill report later.

Ok, thx, ill try that out now.

For the moment, i have it working by manually replacing the 8800M gtx 186.91 driver with the latest one for the original 8800 gtx and then installing the 186.18 3d vision. but i cant open the nvidia control panel due to the wrong version of the driver installed.

il try your solutiuon, i hope it works.

ill report later.

Oh right!

Thx man, it worked, now both the stereo and the Nvidia control panel work.

Now just to get the right glasses :).

Thx again! :)

~Egor.

Guest 3D_Vision_Discover

Oh right!

Thx man, it worked, now both the stereo and the Nvidia control panel work.

Now just to get the right glasses :).

Thx again! :)

~Egor.

Right glasses here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-PAIR-RED-CYAN-3D-GLASSES-CHEAPEST-ON-E-BAY-WITH-POST_W0QQitemZ120464744109QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM?hash=item1c0c421ead&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody!

I'm new to this forum :)

Hi 3D_Vision_Discover, how do you get that to work on other laptop rather than the Asus one? I have an Alienware M17x with Dual GTX 260M and I really really want to get 3D Vision Discover to work on my machine but I cannot install any driver. How do you trick the driver?

Thank you!

• 10 months later...

hi guys i am trying to use the 3d vision discover on my hp laptop, i have geforce GT230M, i want to know if i need to use other version of 3d vision or would it work if i used the one you were talking about 3DVision_186.30.exe ????

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...