LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Forceware 191.03 released

Nautis1100

i found these half an hour ago :) ... but i cant install these. i tried the modded inf from 191.00. i says "your system hasnt been modified :)

The latest INF Pieter released that most closely resembles the INF in 191.03 seems to be the one for 190.64. I suggest downloading the 190.64 modified INF and changing the following line to change the version to correctly identify as 191.03:

DriverVer = 08/26/2009, 8.16.11.9064

To

DriverVer = 09/19/2009, 8.16.11.9103

The latest INF Pieter released that most closely resembles the INF in 191.03 seems to be the one for 190.64. I suggest downloading the 190.64 modified INF and changing the following line to change the version to correctly identify as 191.03:

DriverVer = 08/26/2009, 8.16.11.9064

To

DriverVer = 09/19/2009, 8.16.11.9103

You don't think that the 191.00 .inf would work just as well?

You don't think that the 191.00 .inf would work just as well?

Yeah the 191.00 modified INF should work fine but Pieter released only the 64bit version before he left.

Edit:

I modified a couple 191.03 INFs for both Vista/Win7 64/32bit while I was bored, based on Pieters.

32bit Vista/Win7 Modified INF (Right click & save as)

64bit Vista/Win7 Modified INF (Right click & save as)

Yeah the 191.00 modified INF should work fine but Pieter released only the 64bit version before he left.

Edit:

I modified a couple 191.03 INFs for both Vista/Win7 64/32bit while I was bored, based on Pieters.

now I have a Geforce 7900 GS would this driver work on mine?

Edit:

thank you...working well with a 8600m gt !

Guest g60force

I would strongly suggest to wait for Pieter's modded INF

because I used EximDiff (freeware) 1.8 to compare the suggested 191.03 with 190.64 and there are SO FRIGGIN many differences!

this one could become very unstable and the differences are offcourse not only the added cardmodels :)

PS.: It would be cool to learn fro Pieter guess I'll be studying his next INF and see what changes he makes :)

For the most part, it works with my Geforce 9500M GS 512MB VRAM. Compared to 179.88(ASUS), it creates repeated click sounds when I use with USB based sound cards e.g. Logitech USB speakers, USB C-Media AC97. It seems OK with my built-in RealTek HDA (ALC888S).

I use Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

Edited by rvalencia

I would strongly suggest to wait for Pieter's modded INF

because I used EximDiff (freeware) 1.8 to compare the suggested 191.03 with 190.64 and there are SO FRIGGIN many differences!

this one could become very unstable and the differences are offcourse not only the added cardmodels :)

PS.: It would be cool to learn fro Pieter guess I'll be studying his next INF and see what changes he makes :)

This should be the case for most drivers. If you have a compare tool you should be able to figure out the critical differences by comparing a few modified INFs vs the originals.

Most INFs that come in the official drivers are optimized to the specific chipsets listed, what a modified INF like Pieters does is take the middleground and removes all the noncritical chipset specific optimizations and adds as many chipsets to the mix as possible.

The dirty little secret is modding isn't very difficult and if you have a comparison tool and can pay attention you are at least half way there. Remember modding a driver for yourself is much different than making an INF that includes almost all known chipsets though.

In the case of the INFs I posted they should work fine, its not about matching the INF released its about starting with a working base and changing any critical differences. As far as I can tell the 191 series hasn't changed or added any critical settings.

Nautis1100's Modded INF's seem to be working fine on my Windows 7 (x64) RTM and Server 2008 R2 (x64) RTM Builds.

These Drivers seem very Stable and my Rig stays Cool.

I am about to Install & Test a bunch of Games !!!

I'm interested to see if the DPC Latency issue has been addressed with this driver.

Taken directly from their site:

"•Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application."

Edit:

Thanks a lot!

I can finally use a modern driver with my GF9600M GT that has no serious bugs!!

: For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application."

Phew - could I finally get my powermizer to work!

DPC Latency issue solved but WEI (seven x86) :)

not solved for me in seven x64

xps-m1530 8600m gt modded inf

Edited by painkiller

Yay, PowerMizer is working at last - but performance is mediocre :)

How so? I'd like to know which driver you were using before 191.03.

Well, quite a few.. :)

Interestingly, Disk Usage monitoring (using System Tools 6.05) no longer works, although every other pane seems to be functioning. I don't know enough to blame this on the driver or my bootstrapped 191.00 .inf usage.