LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 7 + 8700m GT + CSS Problem

Guest natee

So i just installed windows 7 RTM on my XPS m1730.

Heres my problem.

When i play Counter Strike Source, whenever i use the move (Strafe, Crouch, Duck, Move, Whatever) keys my game freezes untill i stop using the movement key then the game goes normal again. If i stand still and use the mouse to look around aand shoot the game works fine and plays fine.

I have tried many different Video Card Drivers and they all have the same problem

Im not sure if im using Directx 11 or 9.0 as they are both installed on my pc.

I have enabled, and disabled SLI

Before when i was on XP the game played fine.

Any solutions to this?

Your hardware doesn't support dx11 so you can't use its features even if it is installed. Old drivers may or may not work. Try 163.44 which was recommended in another thread. You can also try running in compatibility mode.

whenever i use the move (Strafe, Crouch, Duck, Move, Whatever) keys my game freezes untill i stop using the movement key then the game goes normal again. If i stand still and use the mouse to look around aand shoot the game works fine and plays fine.

I've got the same problem but with the arrow keys in all 3D & 2D games, all other keys work fine. Before I reinstalled Vista everything was working good. I've installed the same driver and DX as before reinstall so they can't cause the problem. Maybe I'm missing some Vista patches, gonna try downloading all of them tonight.

• 1 month later...

Turning touchpad on/off "unblocks" the keys for me. Maybe there's some kind of conflict between the keyboard and the touchpad.

• 1 month later...