LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Driver for 9800m GTS?

Guest Nic

i Need a driver for my p7805u fx laptop, any suggestions? and does anybody know how to get a forced refresh rate like 90 hertz to stick in-game. I can get my hertz to raise in vista on the desktop, but not in game, i just goes back to 60 hertz with an fps of 100-200 and its killing me!!!! >:)

On laptop screen? They hardly go over 60 Hz.

Maybe not...

"The Gateway P-7805u FX is a 17-inch gaming notebook for users who want the performance to play the latest games..."

Maybe they included a screen, capable of more Hz refresh? As for the original question, tried DXdiag? Just Start/Run and type Dxdiag. At the last flag, there is option to change the DirectX fullscreen screens refreshrate. Default or you can specify it... So, if your laptop screen manage 75Hz or even more, well, there is the change to type it it.

For OpenGL games is probably necessary the ReForce 1.10 utility, but given it's age I think it is unlikely to work on Vista... but you can check it out: http://rapidshare.com/files/290310316/ReForce_1.10.zip

It looks like my p7805u only supports 60Hz. I have the 1920x1200 screen though, so it may be different if yours is the 1440x900...

There is no such thing as a "best driver", it depends what you want from it.

I very much doubt your screen will go above 60Hz, as Korn confirms.

If you are playing a game old enough for you to reach 200fps, why the hell do you need increased driver performance for it??

• 5 weeks later...
Guest The_Black_Knight

Go download the latest nVidia 195.39 beta drivers direct off the website.

Solid and stable with increased performance on some of the latest titles.

Word of warning, uninstall ALL old drivers!

There are compatability issues with NVidia Performance Tools, however v6.05 can be reinstalled for overclocking after base install.

I use the same laptop (tweaked of course), and I can run most games at 1920X1200 fairly easily, minus Crysis at high settings.

Pulling around 32-35 fps on most first personal shooters and simulations.

The_Black_Knight

There are compatability issues with NVidia Performance Tools, however v6.05 can be reinstalled for overclocking after base install.

Maybe, but I didn't have to touch it, works OK. RivaTuner doesn't, they are going to do a fix but I don't know how long it takes.