LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Google Chrome Beta v4.0.221.6 and .8 released

mobilenvidia

Been using Chrome for sometime now, well ever since I had issues with Firefox 3.5x.

Have not really looked back since.

Anywho, here is the latest Beta version.

4.0.221.6 for Windows

4.0.221.8 for Linux x32

4.0.221.8 for Linux x64

4.0.221.8 for MacOS

Let us know your thoughts on Chrome, I'm pretty happy with it, only real gripe is placement of Bookmarks tab way on the top right for me should be on the left.

I am using ChromePlus for a while now and i like it.

ChromePlus works better for me because of some integrated stuff like mouse gestures

and killed google communication.

www.chromeplus.org

Based on Chrome 4

I have been using Chrome for a while now too. I am using the nightly builds from the Ubuntu Chromium Daily launchpad PPA, and am currently on version 4.0.222.1. I use it more than Firefox because it launches blindingly fast and because crappily-made Flash applets (aren't they all?) won't lock up the entire browser.

I have been using Chrome for a while now too. I am using the nightly builds from the Ubuntu Chromium Daily launchpad PPA, and am currently on version 4.0.222.1. I use it more than Firefox because it launches blindingly fast and because crappily-made Flash applets (aren't they all?) won't lock up the entire browser.

Exactly, using it for the same reason here.

I have it and like how fast it is, but I won't use it as my primary browser until it has some of the extensions functionality of Firefox.

Can't see Google opening the way for an adblocker etc any time soon.

There is an extension adblock+ for chrome (similar to adlblock plus for firefox though it is lacking) and I know in the latest chromium nightly they have added easier to use extension support which is very similar to firefox. Not sure if these builds include it.

Edit: Also wanted to mention SRWare Iron which is also built on chrome and has adblocking and other privacy additions.

I am currently jumping back and forth between the latest firefox nightly and the latest chromium nightly. There are things I like and dislike on both.

BTW if you are talking about the pausing that happens sometimes when running flash in firefox I believe that is due to session restore saving the session data, you can try disabling session restore in firefox and see if that helps.

Thanks for the recommendations Nautis.

Think I'll still stick with FF. Little things like how the bookmarks are accessed still bother me.

Will give those a go though, as I still update Chrome as an alternative.

Cheers

I still use firefox as my primary browser. Recently I have been using the chromium adblock+ combo a lot more than I have in the past.

Agreed on the bookmarks and things. Chrome just feels like a stripped down browser to me great for speed, not so much on use-ability. To each his/her own.

Just got Chrome 4 on Win7 Rc1. Chrome says "cannot determine or set the default browser". Also, it doesn't appear at all in the Windows default programs list. WOW, version 4 and they can't figure this out. Can't set it as default, it's not going to get used. Right there it seems like a joke and I'm going back to a real browser.

Firefox has a big advantage: download manager.

Just like IE, chrome can't continue downloads from last session after browser closes.

So i'll stick with firefox because i don't like to get 3rd party download managers slowing down browser performance.