LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8400m gs windows 7 driver

R2r

Hi guys, I need your help, because I have a big trouble.

Since I installed Windows 7 ultimate x86, I struggle with my video card. I have a MSI ex700 laptop, with a 8400m gs videocard, and my problem is that if I try to install a LV2GO driver, it installs successfully, and the aero works without problems I can play games, but my screen's brightness reduces only for one moment, and after the screen turned out by the windows, it turns on automatically after one second. Furthermore during mp3 playback, there are some skipping regardless what player I use.

Of course, I can't install drivers from nvidia.com (even drivers for laptops), and also the latest drivers from LV2GO can't solve my problem (I tried betas, "whqls", dox's). I only see 2 options: use win7 without video driver (in this case I do no suffer with the symptoms described above) or fall back to vista.

Here are some details:

windows 7 ultimate x86

msi ex700

geforce 8400m gs:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&SUBSYS_43271462&REV_A1

intel pm965 motherboard (with microsoft's drivers, because intel's doesn't install)

realtek alc888 sound card (r2.34 installed)

Any ideas?

Well, installing intel chipset driver seems to solve the sound problems. I guess, the lack of screensaver due to early drivers from nvidia.

Edited by R2r

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Someone has a driver for 8400M GS (Notebook) that enable 3D stereoscopic shutter glasses (X3D or ED)?

I have WIN 7 Ultimate (32bit),

Acer 5720z (notebook)

4GB DDR2, nVidia 8400M GS, (197.16 WHQL nVidia dirver)

I don`t have the stereoscopic tab in nVidia panel.

Please help.

Thank you,

Emil