LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with 8600M GT

100percentgamer

Hello there friends,

I need some help in improving the 8600m GT performance witch is very low.

I have the latest drivers installed but the problem persists.

I need some drivers witch dont have the protection that reduces the clocks in high temperatures.

I know the new ones have this protection, can you tell some of the other ones that haven't?

I will turn off the powermizer, but i think this is not enough.

I really need to find some drivers that don't have that protection of reducing the clocks with high temperatures.

Can anyone help?

thanks a lot!

It's set in the GPU bios.

You would have to reflash a new max temp, but it would be a bad idea.

Look at a combination of overclocking and under volting, to push it to it's limits.

It's set in the GPU bios.

You would have to reflash a new max temp, but it would be a bad idea.

Look at a combination of overclocking and under volting, to push it to it's limits.

Thanks for the answer, my friend.

And how I make it in the bios?

The problem is that all drivers I've found do downclocking in high temperatures... and that's very bad because games literally stop!

Many thanks once more and best regards.

Edited by 100percentgamer

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answer, my friend.

And how I make it in the bios?

The problem is that all drivers I've found do downclocking in high temperatures... and that's very bad because games literally stop!

Many thanks once more and best regards.

it's not in the bios, trust me i checked... i re-flashed with all the frequency and voltage matched!!! it's in the new drivers, probably cuz of the failing GPUs crisis... you can read up on in on wikapedia NVIDIA thread. the drivers throttle the card it's not a bios bug. i think old drivers used to throttle at 95c, new one drivers moved it to 80c. i think drivers will need to be hacked to fix this.

some people use the "sleep trick" that fools the driver somehow to stop throttling(just put your laptop to sleep and back when it throttles) it only works with some drivers!!

it's not in the bios, trust me i checked... i re-flashed with all the frequency and voltage matched!!! it's in the new drivers, probably cuz of the failing GPUs crisis... you can read up on in on wikapedia NVIDIA thread. the drivers throttle the card it's not a bios bug. i think old drivers used to throttle at 95c, new one drivers moved it to 80c. i think drivers will need to be hacked to fix this.

some people use the "sleep trick" that fools the driver somehow to stop throttling(just put your laptop to sleep and back when it throttles) it only works with some drivers!!

Many thanks for your answer... you're right, it's not the bios... i've installed the factory bios and it still downclocks

But FINALLY I've found a driver wich DOESN'T DOWNCLOCK!!!

IT'S 158.45 !!!!

See with your own eyes!

Best Regards

Edited by 100percentgamer