LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo xi 2428 graphics card replacement/broken

Natslx

Hi, my Graphics card on my Amilo xi 2428 has broken. Its an 8600M GS.

I am wondering if I can buy a better card for my laptop, and if it will work.

Thanks.

Hi,

It's not MXM sorry. Amilo Pi or Xi 2XXX don't use MXM anymore, it's proprietary system.

I think you should get in touch with fujitsu directly for a replacement unit.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
Guest polo2001

Actually, it's an MXM-II laptop,I've opened my laptop + the documentations files included with the laptop says it's MXM-II ,I've got the same model Amilo Xi 2428, and my GPU died a few months ago (but then again, It was covered with the warranty).

A copy of the spec file where you can clearly read it's an MXM-II can be located here

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache%3AaSTTBSeTbR4J%3Afsc.fisio.fi%2Fdocuments%2Fds_AMILO_Xi_2428-25P_%28MUI-NOR-110117-005%29.pdf+Xi+2428+documentations&hl=en&sig=AHIEtbQ-mjoxamUv4_3GHkF-cMjjHGtZDA&pli=1

About changing it with another Model (ATi HD 3650 for example) I am not sure (I am planning on changing it in the distant future, but not just yet), just be careful not to buy the 512 DDR2 model, it has some issues.

Guest quipster

It's a darn shame, but JohnBRoot is correct on this question.

It's clearly not MXM as has been confirmed by many users on the German support forum,

since the GPU is soldered onto the mainboard,

though the Fujitsu Siemens Datasheet misleadingly claims the opposite.

In this case the documentation is plain false.

Either they don't care about the correctness of the documentation of their products,

or they consider it a legitimate way of screwing the customer by providing false specifications

of their products.