LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT drivers black screen

Guest Reign

I've tried Windows Vista and Windows 7 so far, the same issue on both. When I install windows, It installs a default video driver "Standard VGA" something or other. So I try to install nvidia drivers, but it tells me "the nvidia setup program could not locate any compatible drivers for your current hardware" So I come here to grab some drivers that are made for my card. After installing them (I've tried at least a dozen different drivers so far) and rebooting, I get to the windows boot logo screen, and at the end of the screen when its supposed to boot into the OS, it just freezes at a black screen with the wifi light blinking. I have to boot into safe mode and delete the driver, which sends it back to "Standard VGA" mode.

I'm running a 9600M GT that I got from ebay after my original 8400M GS died in my Acer Aspire 5720. How can I get these drivers to work instead of just freezing up my install?

I've tried Windows Vista and Windows 7 so far, the same issue on both. When I install windows, It installs a default video driver "Standard VGA" something or other. So I try to install nvidia drivers, but it tells me "the nvidia setup program could not locate any compatible drivers for your current hardware" So I come here to grab some drivers that are made for my card. After installing them (I've tried at least a dozen different drivers so far) and rebooting, I get to the windows boot logo screen, and at the end of the screen when its supposed to boot into the OS, it just freezes at a black screen with the wifi light blinking. I have to boot into safe mode and delete the driver, which sends it back to "Standard VGA" mode.

I'm running a 9600M GT that I got from ebay after my original 8400M GS died in my Acer Aspire 5720. How can I get these drivers to work instead of just freezing up my install?

Sounds strange..... Had the exact same problem but only one time.. My system is dell xps 1730 8800 gtx in sli.. I rebooted several times before deleted the driver in safe mode... I tried this and it worked: Started my system in safe mode. Uninstalled the driver. Used driver cleaner and ccleaner. Installed the same driver in safe mode. Restarted the system. And for some strange reson everything started ok. The driver was 191.07. Good luck if you havnt tried this. But it can also be that your motherboard doesnt support the new gaphic card.

Edited by pulverputte

have the same problem

hi i have a problem with my hp 9700 pavilion....I uploaded a driver from Nvidia.com and after the update the laptop had an issue detecting its driver...i tried everything from downloading new drivers, back rolling the drivers even wiping the os and putting it back on the manufacture settings, system restore etc ( It would not get to the welcoming screen in normal mode however if i go on safe mode i get in). what am i doing wrong...well i havent tried a driver from this site as yet...

im working on vista ultimate 64bit