LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Lag in game

Guest YMSGG

Hi, i have Acer duo core T5800 (2.0 ghz, 800 mhz FSB, 2MB L2 cache, Nvidia Geforce 9500M GS, 3GB DDR2) and its quite new i bought it like 2-3 months ago . The problem is that now, when i play warcraft game,there are lags and very low fps around 20-30 and it decreases into <20. I've tried a lot of things to do,checked for viruses,defragmentation,checked the temperature,but everything shows fine results, i am seriously stucked, and dont know how to solve this problem, if any1 can help to find the solution?? That would be very kind of you. Need help, thanks.

Nvidia cards often have problems running WoW at high shadow quality. Lower it to get higher FPS count. Also, install newer drivers e.g. Dox 185.85 if you haven't done it yet.

Well,i've just installed a new driver and tried to play again,it seems ok first 20-30-40 minutes of the game,but if i play further,there is an unplayble lag like hell, so that i cant even move. I lowered almost all videosettings in wc3, but fps is still around ~ 20-30 and drops to less than 20 in fights. I dunno what really could happen, cuz 1 week ago everything was smooth. Any other suggestions?

I'm not sure if your laptop is affected, but as I recall some Acer series with 9500M GS suffered from too high voltage on the CPU which resulted into quick overheating and downclocking. You may wanna google some more information about it and eventually disable the thermal-throttling or decrease the CPU voltage.

Edited by K4m1k4z3

ok, i've just tried to check my proccesor for overheating. I've used Orthos CPU Loader and Hardware monitor to record my results. I got a maximum score of 28c for both cores. So i dont think that the problem is in overheating any more

If 28c is the max temp while running orthos, then the thermal diodes are broken or misreporting, as that is an impossibly low temperature (unless you're running your pc in a freezer).

I agree, it's way too low even with the cooling pad and even if you just started your laptop. Unless you're living in an igloo.