Display Type

FHD TruBrite® TFT LCD Display

Display Resolution

1920x1200, Supports 1080p content

Graphics Engine

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 250M

1GB GDDR5 discrete graphics memory

Hard Drive

384GB: 64GB SSD (Serial ATA) + 320GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA)

Secondary Hard Drive Size

320GB 2nd HDD

Optical Drive

Blu-ray Disc™ ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer) with Labelflash®

Webcam

Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel

Wireless

Realtek® Wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)

Bluetooth® V2.1 + EDR

Inputs and Controls

CD/DVD Buttons (Play/Pause, Stop, Prev Track, Next Track), 104 key US LED backlit keyboard with 10-key pad, Media button, Mute button, eco (Energy-saving mode) button, TouchPad™ pointing device with multi touch control

Battery

High Capacity Li-Ion (8000mAh, 12-Cell)

Battery Life Up to 3.3 hours

Weight

Starting at 10.23 lbs.

Nice looking machine, but a 18.4" LCD WUXGA Monster really needs more than a GTS 250M me thinks.

There will probably be more versions of this line and possibly better GPU's for this large LCD.

I take it Toshiba made this as a media player that can also play games.

Toshiba Qosmio X505 specs

The 2nd version of this line is significantly cheaper, different screen resolution on the same 18" screen, 4Gb ram, no SSD. The one listed is around $1899USD, and the cheaper one is around $1399USD.

What I'm curious about, does the cheaper machine have the 2nd drive slot, just empty? Others on different forums say YES, but they are guessing based on the chassis. If it has the 2nd bay, $1399 is a decent price for a machine of this caliber.

You have to be careful if you order only 1 HD the other may also need a caddy to put it in to allow for the plug/socket on the Motherboard.

These as aftermarket items to buy can often be very costly.

You have to be careful if you order only 1 HD the other may also need a caddy to put it in to allow for the plug/socket on the Motherboard.

These as aftermarket items to buy can often be very costly.

True, but I have lots of spare Toshiba stuff lying around parts wise. The last several models used the same caddy. One can hope....

The question is tho, is the slot actually there or did they save $ by not even putting it there at all. I like the "bigger" model with the SSD, but I'd rather have dual 500's like I have now.

I'd like a faster video card, but the processor is more important. I run alot of VM machines and having a 4 core CPU with hyperthreading would be darn nice. I ran some tests on my wife's i7 beast and it was smoking fast... BUT, I can't use a desktop for what I do, has to be a laptop. I've gotten quite used to dual 500Gb drives.

Bestbuy (US store) is showing they will carry the "lesser" model and I'm hoping on the 22nd, they have one on display that I can look at. My local store has cleared out most of their inventory in prep of the new machines and Win 7.

Any way you look at it tho, I'll end up with an i7 machine and at minimum a Nvidia 250 or better video card soon. (Esp since work is going to probably foot part of the bill) :)

VM Machines need RAM, get lots of it, then you can run each VM machine with a decent amount.

Almost more important than the CPU as a fast CPU and bugger all RAM = very slow with VM

There should be CPU's out probably early next year with more than one Core turbo'd

These should be tasty.

The 1920x1200 resolution on this 18,4" panel is really peculiar. I mean, who manufactures 18,4" panels, which are not 16:9? I think the correct resolution is 1920x1080.

The 1920x1200 resolution on this 18,4" panel is really peculiar. I mean, who manufactures 18,4" panels, which are not 16:9? I think the correct resolution is 1920x1080.

You are probably right.

Looks to be the same panel as seen in other i7 Notebooks

Mmmmmmmm now thats SEXY. Not bad toshiba, was wondering what you were doing.. now i know /drools.

Only concern i have is the sound looks like its 7.1 and not 4.1 like it's predecessor the X305. However, i can see why they went to 7.1 instead, bottom 2 speakers one is almost always covered by my wrist so it explains why they must have moved the 2 bottom speakers to the top somehow. Hope the sound is as appealing and insane as the X305's 4.1. Other than that, the 250GTS is prob a little low on performance however, it makes up with the Processing balls so each their own.

As for the lesser cheaper model w.out the SSD. Yes there is more than likely a second empty hard drive bay, mine came with a single and a second HD bay w.out the tray (X305 Q701).

One sexy beast thou. Hat's off Toshiba.

Edited by Squall_Rinoa89

Ordered. Supposed to be in on Friday.

Anyone want to buy a used but good Toshiba X205-sli3? :)

Ordered. Supposed to be in on Friday.

Anyone want to buy a used but good Toshiba X205-sli3? :)

Come back with a review of your new beast.

May even feature it on the news :)

Will be good to see how these i7's perform

Come back with a review of your new beast.

May even feature it on the news :)

Will be good to see how these i7's perform

Lol, if it's even CLOSE to my wife's i7 in her desktop, I know I'll be happy.

If you can pull up registration info, you can get my email. IF not, PM me and I'll give it to you.

If you can tell me what info you're looking for, I'll get it. I'm a lousy writer tho. :) I might leave the SSD in for awhile. I'll see if the speed tradeoff is worth the space tradeoff, but the space is what kills me the most. I hear there's 6xxGB drives out now, maybe it's time. :P