LaptopVideo2Go Forums

questions about atheros ar928x

Guest shady

i have an atheros ar928x with win7..i was wondering should i go with vista or seven drivers..specially i heard that vista drivers are better..also which driver version will give me the most stability and a better signal strength....and last i wanna know does this card support dual band and draft n?? thanks in advance

The 7.7.0.xxx are the most stable.

The latter 8.0.0.xxx are slowly getting better.

There is no driver that has best or better signal strength (trial and error will sort this)

The AR928x should be dual Band, but it all depends on the radio chip included on the card.

And yes all AR9xxx Chipset support 11n

The 7.7.0.xxx are the most stable.

The latter 8.0.0.xxx are slowly getting better.

There is no driver that has best or better signal strength (trial and error will sort this)

The AR928x should be dual Band, but it all depends on the radio chip included on the card.

And yes all AR9xxx Chipset support 11n

thanks for the fast replay....first..is intell 5100 better than this card when comes to better coverage and performance?.second when i uninstall a driver and restart,,,my windows automatically detect the wifi card and set the driver to 2.0.0.72..which i cant uninstall coz i cant find the files over the add/remove programs..wat to do?

thanks for the fast replay....first..is intell 5100 better than this card when comes to better coverage and performance?.second when i uninstall a driver and restart,,,my windows automatically detect the wifi card and set the driver to 2.0.0.72..which i cant uninstall coz i cant find the files over the add/remove programs..wat to do?

No the i5100 will only do 150Mbps max

Does 2.0.0.72 work for you ?

I've got 2.0.0.74 uploaded also but 64bit only. (this is from Win7 RTM)

Hah, also just found 2.0.0.75, this must be included in the final release of Win 7 possibly