LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Games/ display not scaling properly

Guest Nohg

I am running Windows 7 via Bootcamp 3.0 on a late 2008 iMac (I know...but help me out anyway please?)

Windows 7 x64

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GT 8800 GS

Here's the problem I am having. Some of my older games are no longer scaling to my screen. My resolution is 1920x1200, so older games (I mean very old games) look ridiculously small. This never used to happen. I upgraded to Windows 7, Bootcamp 3.0 and the new Nvidia drivers all at once, so I don't know which to blame.

I looked in my Nvidia control panel for a helpful option, only to find it mysteriously greyed out...

See people's exhibit #1:

3nqSP.jpg

People's exhibit #2 details my graphics driver versions:

EfWEL.jpg

So, has anyone else encountered this issue with version 191? Or is this a Windows 7 issue?

If so, in your opinion(s), what version should I roll back to? Or, ideally, is there any way I can get the radial button to light up and just fix this simply?

Any thoughts are appreciated. If you need additional information, just ask.

For your further consideration, I freely admit my novice status with regard to all things drivers. All I want is a good FPS and native resolution.

Thanks you.

Humbly yours,

Nohg.

The are 3 things i can advice you:

1. Dont play old games.

2. Dont upgrade the system if you know you are goin to run old soft.

3. Try to use official drivers only.

The are 3 things i can advice you:

1. Dont play old games.

2. Dont upgrade the system if you know you are goin to run old soft.

3. Try to use official drivers only.

While I appreciate the response:

1. I suppose I should have expect old old games to run in tiny res, but for a game from 2005 like Silent Hunter 3, I don't think 4 years is that far back to ask for support. Doubly so given that SH3 is run by a fairly modern engine.

2. See #1

3. If I'm reading nvidia's site correctly, 191 is the official release for Windows 7 x64 right now.

select use nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio