LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7150M and 25" monitor

Guest Deusdies

Guest Deusdies

I just got my new Hanns-G HH251 monitor (25" - btw, it's awesome, go for 25" instead of 22!), capable of displaying 1920x1080.

I have HP Pavillion DV6700 with nvidia 7150M. I have connected the monitor to my laptop with a VGA cable.

The problem is that the image on the monitor flickers. It looks like there is some sort of interference - kind of like TVs used to have back in the old days. I am sure it's not the monitor, because I tested it on a friend's PC and it was flawless. I've tested it under Linux too, same thing appears.

I have latest nVidia drivers with modded .inf from this website. I've managed to decrease the flickering by increasing the refresh rate to 75 Hz (an option that was unavailable until installing the newest drivers), but it is still present. I mean, I could live with it, but I'd very much rather have it gone.

My GPU temp is steady ~57 C

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks