LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ASUS GT 240M driver

shaphan

Hello,

I got my new lappie today. Asus N51V series. I have currently installed windows 7 x64 and it didn't pick up the NVIDIA Ge-force GT 240M graphics card. I have searched for hours looking for it but had no luck. I tried downloading the official NVIDIA notebook driver (200M series) but that didn't work. I think it needs to have the official BIOS version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

shaphan

The latest drivers support 240M, just read the guide on how to install the drivers.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest qseendog

i had the same proble, i bought an acer aspire 5739g with vidia geforce gt 240m, i was searching for the right driver for hours, finnaly i found a beta version 195.55 , that actually i could install, though in the end of installation process it told me that the system is not modified, and you can run the installationo later, after mannualy rebooting it shows that i have geforce gt240m adapter, though i think its not properly installed, i cant change any video setting exept resolution, no brightness options no 3d options, nothing, i am using windows 7 ultimate x64, can any help me by giving me a proper driver that will work? :)

Did you uninstall the old driver and clean the driver leftovers weith Driver Sweeper?

Guest qseendog

Did you uninstall the old driver and clean the driver leftovers weith Driver Sweeper?

ow i

hmm, i recently downloaded 186.82_win7x64 driver, and with the other inf, it worked, and the instalation succesfully finished, now i have the control panel working, though havent yet tested it in games, any feedback from this driver? it is ok?

I tried the 32bit version with the original nvbl.inf for HP/Compaq - it was pretty good and overclocked fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Asus lover

Asus Laptops need to have the drivers downloaded from the Asus website. I am running 7 Pro X64, I tried the newest one from nvidia and it fully installed. Before when i was running OEM OS this would not work.