LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Win7 driver for GeForce Fx Go 5700?

MarkH

I am trying to find a Win7 driver for my GeForce Fx Go 5700. This is part of the Sony (all-in-one) Vaio PC VGC-V517G which is effectively built on a laptop platform.

I just put Windows 7 on the machine and just get the generic VGA driver.

I looked through what I could in the fosums and noticed that 185.81 (Win7/Vista 32bit) does reference the "GeForce Fx Go 5700"...but, the install doesnt take/work. I did notice a comment/post under this release with someone stating that the 5xxx series doesn't work with this release and should try 175.xx/169.xx. When I look at these they only reference Vista...not Win7. Are Vista and Win7 interchangable in this case? will vista driver work?

Anyone have any other version (more recent) I should try?

Thanks for any assistance/help

Regards

MarkH

Vista and Win7 drivers aren't the same, but all Vista drivers will work well with Windows 7. Unfortunately, the highest Vista drivers that fully support the FX series on Windows 7 (including Aero Glass) are the 98.xx series. You can install later drivers, up to the 175 series, but you won't have any of the neat effects.

Drivers newer than the 175 series don't support the FX GPUs.

• 1 year later...

I am trying to find a Win7 driver for my GeForce Fx Go 5700. This is part of the Sony (all-in-one) Vaio PC VGC-V517G which is effectively built on a laptop platform.

I just put Windows 7 on the machine and just get the generic VGA driver.

I looked through what I could in the fosums and noticed that 185.81 (Win7/Vista 32bit) does reference the "GeForce Fx Go 5700"...but, the install doesnt take/work. I did notice a comment/post under this release with someone stating that the 5xxx series doesn't work with this release and should try 175.xx/169.xx. When I look at these they only reference Vista...not Win7. Are Vista and Win7 interchangable in this case? will vista driver work?

Anyone have any other version (more recent) I should try?

Thanks for any assistance/help

Regards

MarkH

Where can the required drivers be downloaded as the nvidia site does not seem to have anything that will work?

Where can the required drivers be downloaded as the nvidia site does not seem to have anything that will work?

http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers?dev=0347⊂=&whql=0〈=0&orderby=version&dir=desc&os=

Look here what's supposed to work with FX cards: