LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DirectX 11 Platform Update for Vista(KB917512)

mobilenvidia

Big thanks to DSC from NVNEWS for pointing this out.

x86

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e1199d12-5b23-4769-b1e0-210ee147ce15

x64

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e2da6ef8-92b6-4370-9e22-2c05a8c37ab0

The Windows Graphics, Imaging, and XPS Library contain the latest advancements in modern graphics technologies for gaming, multimedia, imaging and printing applications. It includes updates to DirectX, DirectCompute, and XPS Library.

This update will update DirectX in Vista to DirectX 11. Only for Vista 32bit and 64bit users, Win7 already comes with DX11. This update will probably be included in Vista SP3 also.

DX.jpg

Havent tried it yet but it works. :)

DX.jpg

Havent tried it yet but it works. :)

i don't think so. When I open dxdiag I got the same version as in the picture and not updated to dx11

i don't think so. When I open dxdiag I got the same version as in the picture and not updated to dx11

Well you wont notice a change to performance with it (i havent yet) but its there and registered as DX11. I don't have a clue on how to edit photo's so that aint the case..

Unless your video card supports DX11 it will prob only show as DX10.