LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Locked out of computer due to resolution issue

Guest Gnauga

I installed the latest driver on my computer, which has a NVidia Quadro 140M I believe, and after rebooting, my computer's resolution was completely off. It seems to think my monitor is about a factor of six than it really is, and now I'm stuck at my vista style login screen (its actually XP). I am unable to click (or rather select a user) so I can't input a password so I can't get in. Any way to fix this from the outside or any shortcut key I'm unaware of to select to user would be awesome. Thanks

I installed the latest driver on my computer, which has a NVidia Quadro 140M I believe, and after rebooting, my computer's resolution was completely off. It seems to think my monitor is about a factor of six than it really is, and now I'm stuck at my vista style login screen (its actually XP). I am unable to click (or rather select a user) so I can't input a password so I can't get in. Any way to fix this from the outside or any shortcut key I'm unaware of to select to user would be awesome. Thanks

Try booting your computer in safe mode, you should be able to login that way.

To get into the Windows 2000 / XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Or Microsoft's Article on it: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx?mfr=true

After loading xp in safe mode you could uninstall your video driver, from the device manager.