LaptopVideo2Go Forums

A possible solution to Nvidia 9650M GT DriverProblems

再會亦有期

Sorry for my english.I have a asus M50Vn notebook with Nvidia 9650M GT .When I update my graphics card drivers to 186.81,I can see some pixel errors and some little stripes on the screen and my computer get freezing after a while.However,one of my friend has a asus N50Vn notebook whose graphics card is also Nvidia 9650M GT and his notebook works fine with Forceware 186.81.I decide to use MMTOOL(a software used to edit AMIBIOS) to extract VGABIOS of Nvidia 9650M GT from BIOS of M50Vn and BIOS of N50Vn,so that I can use NiBitor(a software used to edit Nvidia VGABIOS) to see the difference between VGABIOS of M50Vn's Nvidia 9650M GT and N50Vn's. I find that voltage setting in VGABIOS of N50Vn's 9650MGT is 0.01v higher than M50Vn's VGABIOS setting.So I use MMTOOL to replace VGABIOS of M50Vn with VGABIOS of N50Vn's 9650MGT,then reboot and press F4 to flash this modified bios.Now my notebook works fine with Forceware 191.07 and graphics card can work in a lower clock when it is idle.I hope this can help those who have the same problem with me.

Modified BIOS of M50Vn and N80Vn is in the Attachments.Some guys in another notebook forum have tried and scuceeded to solve the problem of N80Vn in the same way.

M50VAS.209.rar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 再會亦有期

• valenz

• KaZo

• toussi

Because of attachment size limits, I can't upload the modified BIOS of N80Vn...

(Used 693K of your 1000K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 307K)

Anyone who want the modified BIOS of N80Vn can use this link to download it:

http://benyouhuifile.it168.com/attachments/day_091029/20091029_d9eae70a0c7524c14749DJC1jqVxvM39.rar/p/N80VcAS.208.rar

You flash your bios at your own risk.

Edited by 再會亦有期

best solution for M50 boards ;D it fixed for me!

http://sc-g.xail.net/drivers/M50VAS.212

using the latest official driver for my 9650M GT =) it works fine. and i'm lucky.. just installed windows 7 yesterday and suddenly found solution for my nvidia driver =D

have fun!

Edited by KaZo

best solution for M50 boards ;D it fixed for me!

http://sc-g.xail.net/drivers/M50VAS.212

using the latest official driver for my 9650M GT =) it works fine. and i'm lucky.. just installed windows 7 yesterday and suddenly found solution for my nvidia driver =D

have fun!

I can't find it on the official website of ASUS.I will try it and what I said above does work.

hey ?????

i load your file,load and save that with mmtool,but whats now?i cant find anything in the vga bios,no file?

You don't need to load it...I load it because I need to modify it.The file which I upload has been modified.All that you need to do is to flash your bios with the file(the file is a bios rom file).

first copy this file on c:\ . restart and go into bios setup. open this file in bios easy flash. start flash and wait! =)

(for german users: ladet euch die datei runter. die datei muss unter c:\ liegen. danach geht ihr ins bios setup rein. dort findet ihr easy flash. öffnet die datei, start flashin, warten.. fertig) ^^

Bios update guide for ASUS notebooks

bios212.th.jpg

Edited by KaZo

The bios (http://benyouhuifile.it168.com/attachments/day_091029/20091029_d9eae70a0c7524c14749DJC1jqVxvM39.rar/p/N80VcAS.208.rar) update fixed the problem with GeForce 9650M GT + driver version 186.81 (will test other versions later).

Test setup information:

GPU: GeForce 9650M GT

GPU hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_064C&SUBSYS_19121043&REV_A1

Video RAM: 1 GB, DDR2, 800 MHz

Video BIOS version: 62.94.75.00.07 (the old video BIOS: 62.94.3C.00.26)

nVidia ForceWare driver version: 186.81

CPU: Core 2 Duo P9500, 2.53 GHz.

System RAM: 4 GB, DDR2, 800 MHz.

Other: Windows Aero enabled.

Edited by valenz

Because of attachment size limits, I can't upload the modified BIOS of N80Vn...

(Used 693K of your 1000K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 307K)

Anyone who want the modified BIOS of N80Vn can use this link to download it:

http://benyouhuifile.it168.com/attachments/day_091029/20091029_d9eae70a0c7524c14749DJC1jqVxvM39.rar/p/N80VcAS.208.rar

You flash your bios at your own risk.

Thank you for the updated bios... :)

Edited by valenz

Thank you for the updated bios... :)

Glad that I could help.^_^

Hi at first i wanna thank you for the bios...its working for the fact that there are no more freezes...but now is the problem that the colours are unreal, to intensiv the red fpr exemple is a kind of orange...its very hard fpr the eyes...hope someone can help me to solve the problem...all coloursettings are right

Hi at first i wanna thank you for the bios...its working for the fact that there are no more freezes...but now is the problem that the colours are unreal, to intensiv the red fpr exemple is a kind of orange...its very hard fpr the eyes...hope someone can help me to solve the problem...all coloursettings are right

I think you should uninstall your graphics card driver completely and reinstall it.If that doesn't work,you can try to reinstall your Operating System. The color issue is usually related to unclean install of driver.

Hello

I have a problem updating bios with eflash (I also have a Asus m50vn notebook).

When I try flashing the bios with the updated file, I get a cheksum error and it says that this bios is not for my computer. Please help.

Regards

Hello

When I try flashing the bios with the updated file, I get a cheksum error and it says that this bios is not for my computer. Please help.

Regards

which bios file? 212? 209? i have the m50vn too. i had no problem. try to copy the file into c:\ (no folder)

Hello

Regards

you may try to reboot your notebook and when you see ASUS logo,press "F4" button to flash your bios.you can use winflash to do this,too.

I've tried 212 and it does work.

I find that M50Vn's Bios 212 have fixed this problem,so I update N80Vn's VGABIOS version to that of M50Vn's bios 212(version 62.94.75.00.0C).Anyone who want the new modified BIOS of N80Vn can use this link to download it:

http://benyouhuifile.it168.com/attachments/day_091030/20091030_b73765e9429692f6f2d96OdG05fCo5UB.rar/p/N80VcASlic.208.rar

Guest Hanfredo

Hello.

Another solution for the 9650m gt problem is to change some registry values.

I tried it and it works fine! (Asus M50VN with the new 191.56 from laptopvideo2go)

(Press the "windows" key + R. This will leek a command window. Type (regedit) then press OK)

"\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Video \ (* a series of numbers that are different *) \ 0000 \ PerfLevelSrc"

Change the value of "PerfLevelSrc" from "3333" to "2222"!

change "powermizerenable" to "0"

change "powermizerlevel" to "1"

and "powermizerlevelAC" to "1"

have phun!

I find that M50Vn's Bios 212 have fixed this problem,so I update N80Vn's VGABIOS version to that of M50Vn's bios 212(version 62.94.75.00.0C).Anyone who want the new modified BIOS of N80Vn can use this link to download it:

http://benyouhuifile.it168.com/attachments/day_091030/20091030_b73765e9429692f6f2d96OdG05fCo5UB.rar/p/N80VcASlic.208.rar

Thank you for your efforts.

Test result comments:

- Not as stable as N50's Video Bios 62.94.75.00.07 on the "cold start-up" test.

- Stable on the "Warm start-up" test (reboot).

- Stable running of "Heaven Benchmark" and other various software products (see below).

Assumptions:

- Flash N80VcASlic.208 (Video Bios 62.94.75.00.0C) into ASUS N80VN notebook.

- Windows 7 RTM (all driver and security updates applied).

- nVidia Forceware version 186.81

Cold start-up test, steps are:

1. Shutdown N80VN notebook.

2. Unplug AC + Battery.

3. Wait for 15 minutes.

4. Plug battery + AC power.

5. Turn on notebook.

6. Windows 7 may produce BSOD (2 out of the 5 test runs) before the login screen. Next reboot/restart of Windows 7 (warm start-up) is ok (boot into Windows 7 desktop and running various software products).

I'm went back to using the N50's Video Bios 62.94.75.00.07.

Software used for testing:

- Crysis

- Heaven Benchmark, from http://www.unigine.com/download/

- Street Fighter IV

- Windows Media Center

Disclaimer: Different test results may occur in various variants of nVidia GeForce 9650M GT (different Video Bios version + chip stepping/revision + board design).

Edited by valenz

Thank you for your efforts.

Test result comments:

- Not as stable as N50's Video Bios 62.94.75.00.07 on the "cold start-up" test.

- Stable on the "Warm start-up" test (reboot).

- Stable running of "Heaven Benchmark" and other various software products (see below).

Assumptions:

- Flash N80VcASlic.208 (Video Bios 62.94.75.00.0C) into ASUS N80VN notebook.

- Windows 7 RTM (all driver and security updates applied).

- nVidia Forceware version 186.81

Cold start-up test, steps are:

1. Shutdown N80VN notebook.

2. Unplug AC + Battery.

3. Wait for 15 minutes.

4. Plug battery + AC power.

5. Turn on notebook.

6. Windows 7 may produce BSOD (2 out of the 5 test runs) before the login screen. Next reboot/restart of Windows 7 (warm start-up) is ok (boot into Windows 7 desktop and running various software products).

I'm went back to using the N50's Video Bios 62.94.75.00.07.

Software used for testing:

- Crysis

- Heaven Benchmark, from http://www.unigine.com/download/

- Street Fighter IV

- Windows Media Center

Disclaimer: Different test results may occur in various variants of nVidia GeForce 9650M GT (different Video Bios version + chip stepping/revision + board design).

I am using XP OS without any problem.Maybe it's software crash?

How did you find a bios ver. 212.... i googled like hell and could not find it!

However... thx for the patched bios... worked like a charm in ubuntu (linux)

Thank you very much :0)

I updated the BIOS to 212 then updated the driver to 195.39 beta. Everything works no display problems :) started Batman Arkham Asylum everything works but after 5 minutes heavy slow downs and a a very warm laptop. Looked with Everest to the gpu temp and it was 110°c!!! waited to cool down to 99° and my gpu works normally until it hits 110°c. So installed the BIOS 207 (from official Asus site), uninstalled NVIDIA drivers and installed 182.46 DOX and started Batman. After 5 minutes again slow downs and same problem :) Anyone a idea to fix this?

I updated the BIOS to 212 then updated the driver to 195.39 beta. Everything works no display problems :) started Batman Arkham Asylum everything works but after 5 minutes heavy slow downs and a a very warm laptop. Looked with Everest to the gpu temp and it was 110°c!!! waited to cool down to 99° and my gpu works normally until it hits 110°c. So installed the BIOS 207 (from official Asus site), uninstalled NVIDIA drivers and installed 182.46 DOX and started Batman. After 5 minutes again slow downs and same problem :) Anyone a idea to fix this?

Your GPU's temperature is too high, so the over-temperature protection slow down the running speed of your GPU.

Your laptop fan may get too dirty.You can try to clean your laptop,or take the laptop to ASUS repair center to check the problem.

Can you also use this solution for the z97v?

I have tried it,but i find that Z97v's VGABIOS is separated from its Motherboard BIOS.Ways above make no sense to your notebook.You need to use NVFLASH(a software used to flash Nvidia grarhics card bios) to flash your VGABIOS.VGABIOS rom file is in the attachment.

9650new.rar

Edited by 再會亦有期