LaptopVideo2Go Forums

A possible solution to Nvidia 9650M GT DriverProblems

再會亦有期

Guest Wheezardth

I am using XP OS without any problem.Maybe it's software crash?

Hello Everybody, and thanks ????? for your massive contribution.

I would just like to ask if it is sutiable to use this BIOS on a X57Vn - i believe it is practically the same as M50Vn?

I really want to use your bios patch, but this is my only production PC and i can't risk trying blindly.

Thanks a lot in advance,

-Whiz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 再會亦有期

• valenz

• KaZo

• stoneagem

Hello Everybody, and thanks ????? for your massive contribution.

I would just like to ask if it is sutiable to use this BIOS on a X57Vn - i believe it is practically the same as M50Vn?

I really want to use your bios patch, but this is my only production PC and i can't risk trying blindly.

Thanks a lot in advance,

-Whiz

You can backup your current BIOS and upload your BIOS rom file so that I can modify it for you.

Thanks, but I already risked it after i saw that I am using basically the M50Vn bios anyway =) I posted this on my blog to spread the word let me know if there is any incorrect info there!

1024 10x ?????!!!

What you post on your blog describes all of this exactly.However,I am not so sure that it is a undervolting issue now.

Thanks, but I already risked it after i saw that I am using basically the M50Vn bios anyway =) I posted this on my blog to spread the word let me know if there is any incorrect info there!

1024 10x ?????!!!

For ASUS N80Vn, please use the following updated bios (version 208 with updated nVidia video bios, modified by ?????, tested on my notebook):

http://benyouhuifile.it168.com/attachments/day_091029/20091029_d9eae70a0c7524c14749DJC1jqVxvM39.rar/p/N80VcAS.208.rar

Please note: ASUS N80Vn can not use M50VAS.209.rar file, instead download and update the N80Vn's bios with N80VcAS.208.rar file.

Edited by valenz

Guest Syrinks

What you post on your blog describes all of this exactly.However,I am not so sure that it is a undervolting issue now.

First of all, thanks **A LOT** for the work you have done here with this bios mod technic !

I think you will be a hero for many Asus-9650M GT notebook owners :)

I can confirm, this doesn't appear to be an undervolting issue. Here are the results of my own tests on my N80VN :

- Test 1

* Original N80VN 208 bios with original N80VN vga rom

* Result : all driver above 182.67 UNSTABLE

- Test 2

* Original N80VN 208 bios with modded N80VN vga rom : I extracted the original vga rom from my 208 bios, and modified the voltages from 0.89V to 0.9V

* Result : all drivers above 182.67 UNSTABLE

- Test 3

* Original N80VN 208 bios with original N50VN vga rom from bios 210 : the N50VN's 9650M GT is originally set for 0.9V and shaders unit is 1375 MHz (N80VN's shaders are 1350 MHz)

* Result : all drivers above 182.67 STABLE

- Test 4

* Original N80VN 208 bios with modded N50VN vga rom from bios 210 : I edited the N50VN vga rom to the same settings as N80VN's original vga rom : 0.89V and 1350 MHz shaders

* Result : all drivers above 182.67 STABLE

I think we can be pretty sure by now that it's not an undervolting issue (or at least, not only). But I still don't know where the difference lies between N80VN and N50VN vga rom that prevents it from crashing with drivers above 182.67

As we already know, this is caused by Powermizer.

Here are the parameters Powermizer modifies :

- Voltage (basically 2 states : 0.89V or 0.9V and 1.1V)

- Frequency (basically 4 states : Extra, 3D, 2D, Powersaving...or whatever they're called)

- PCI Express bandwidth (from x1 to x16)

I'm not sure if these can be useful to anyone, but I thought it could be a start to understanding what's happening between our vga rom and nVidia's drivers.

That was just my 2 cents :)

Dude, if i could write your name and knew how to spell it you'd be my hero for the day :)

Nontheless : Thanks a lot ! You definitely made my day :) Finally i can use the newest driver and it's damn stable :P

Thanx a lot !

Can someone help for updating the BIOS of a M70 , Can't find it;

Thank you

You can download M70Vn's BIOS here:

http://benyouhuifile.it168.com/attachments/day_091109/20091109_49356abdd359e53c54adXIRdsAKRbDtN.rar/p/m70vnAS.204.rar

This modified bios may help you solve your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bjørnar

I have tried it,but i find that Z97v's VGABIOS is separated from its Motherboard BIOS.Ways above make no sense to your notebook.You need to use NVFLASH(a software used to flash Nvidia grarhics card bios) to flash your VGABIOS.VGABIOS rom file is in the attachment.

Hi, i have spent endless hours trying new drivers on my pc, and this explains everything.

But i cant really get it to work.

I have a z97v, so i downloaded the newest bios update from asus webpage (This is from october 2008 or something). Then i opened it in MMTOOL, and inserted the file you linked to earlier (9650new.rom).

Then i saved the bios file from asus'es website. Now i restarted my computer and started EZ Flash 2, and flashed with this file.

The bios got updated, but the driver problem is yet not fixed. What didn't i understand, and what did i do wrong?

I have 9650M GT / z97v.

I flashed my graphic card bios with the 9650new.rom from here.

Now the PC sees my graphic card as a general VGA card... the flickering is gone,

but so are some visual effects and options for sharing desktop for other displays and so on.

Sorry for my english.I have a asus M50Vn notebook with Nvidia 9650M GT .When I update my graphics card drivers to 186.81,I can see some pixel errors and some little stripes on the screen and my computer get freezing after a while.However,one of my friend has a asus N50Vn notebook whose graphics card is also Nvidia 9650M GT and his notebook works fine with Forceware 186.81.I decide to use MMTOOL(a software used to edit AMIBIOS) to extract VGABIOS of Nvidia 9650M GT from BIOS of M50Vn and BIOS of N50Vn,so that I can use NiBitor(a software used to edit Nvidia VGABIOS) to see the difference between VGABIOS of M50Vn's Nvidia 9650M GT and N50Vn's. I find that voltage setting in VGABIOS of N50Vn's 9650MGT is 0.01v higher than M50Vn's VGABIOS setting.So I use MMTOOL to replace VGABIOS of M50Vn with VGABIOS of N50Vn's 9650MGT,then reboot and press F4 to flash this modified bios.Now my notebook works fine with Forceware 191.07 and graphics card can work in a lower clock when it is idle.I hope this can help those who have the same problem with me.

Modified BIOS of M50Vn and N80Vn is in the Attachments.Some guys in another notebook forum have tried and scuceeded to solve the problem of N80Vn in the same way.

Anybody can help me with my X71vn, I cant modify my bios... After I push REPLACE button I have information "file not enough space to overrite new file.

Help

Hi, i tried installing your vga bios 9650new.rom on my Z97V.

Everything worked great, other then that HDMI didn't work, which is really necessery, so i had to flash back to the backup.

Do you have any solution to this problem? It would be great!

I have 9650M GT / z97v.

I flashed my graphic card bios with the 9650new.rom from here.

Now the PC sees my graphic card as a general VGA card... the flickering is gone,

but so are some visual effects and options for sharing desktop for other displays and so on.

That is because your graphics card's sub system ID has changed.You need to reinstall your ghraphics card driver with a moded INF file.

Hi, i have spent endless hours trying new drivers on my pc, and this explains everything.

But i cant really get it to work.

I have a z97v, so i downloaded the newest bios update from asus webpage (This is from october 2008 or something). Then i opened it in MMTOOL, and inserted the file you linked to earlier (9650new.rom).

Then i saved the bios file from asus'es website. Now i restarted my computer and started EZ Flash 2, and flashed with this file.

The bios got updated, but the driver problem is yet not fixed. What didn't i understand, and what did i do wrong?

You did not understand what i described really.You ought to get to know how to use NVFLASH???????

You can google "nvflash guide".

Hi, i tried installing your vga bios 9650new.rom on my Z97V.

Everything worked great, other then that HDMI didn't work, which is really necessery, so i had to flash back to the backup.

Do you have any solution to this problem? It would be great!

I am sorry that I can not solve your HDMI problem at this time.