LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v195.39 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Round 2:

I just made a small test to some drivers.

I used acronis true image to restore a windows 7 without graphic driver installation.

3dMark 2006 -> Asus m50vn with GeForce 9650M GT 1Gb

179.88 -> 4991

186.69 -> 5007

195.39 -> 4633

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• veritas72

• Korn1699

• hemz0

• One Skunk Todd

Can't reduce brightness, sigh.

These drivers worked fine but I got the set from the nvidia website. No modded if required. As for the prior driver uninstall I had 2 reboots and it got rid of it. I think each reboot is for one item and the actual driver is last. I think it did physx for the first one then the display driver second. Afterword it proceeded to install the driver fine.

Guest BeSweeet

Downloaded this, copied the modified .INF (for my MBP with the 256MB 9600M GT), and started installing it. It seemed to have installed the stuff (control panel is updated, says it's 195.39), but the install is a little under half way. CPU usage is fairly high. I killed the process, restarted, and everything seems to be fine.

is it possible to enable the new nview desktop manager with these drivers?

scratch that, you can just extract the nview cab and install it that way.

Edited by veritas72

Installed this along with a fresh Win7 Home Prem 64bit, and driver works.

System is Zepto Nexus laptop with 9650M GT module.

However, I think the driver is fraked according to brightness. Though I installed from XP to Win7 (so I need to get used to the new GUI), I feel the brightness is way low, even with my usual games.

The laptop brightness settings are already at full, and if I start tweaking brightness even more in the driver, then it somehow overloads with the colors.

My plan is to try one of the older ones, and see if it helps.

Hey fellas.

I just installed this driver for my laptop

I have a toshiba satego x200 with 8700m gt.

But I have a very very wierd problem. I have had this problem with my old drivers aswell, so that's why I switched to new ones. But nothing work. I am currently running: 195.39 from laptopvideo2go.com.

But the problem is: every couple of seconds, I get screen tearing on my laptop screen.

So either the screen flikkers once! as if the card was dying ... you know if you overclock to damn much then you get artifact, tearing in screen etc. That`s what I get every couple of seconds. Or the screen show a tearing in the bottom half. This happens every second or every minute ... no pattern to be found.

But this card in this laptop ... I never overclocked.

But the strange thing is .... if I hook up my external 24ich full hd screen trough hdmi out, and I use that screen as my main screen the tearing stops. If I use my laptop screen as my main screen with the external as my secondary, also .. no tearing.

This tearing of my screen is driving me nuts ...

it only happens when I laptop is using only the laptop display. Either on power or on battery ... it doesn`t matter because it only stops of goes away when I have an external monitor connected. Now since I am at uni alot with the laptop, it drives me nuts >.<

So ... any suggestions to what could cause this?

Or drivers for that matter. I tried the newest dox modified ones, I think 186. That didn't help either. Still screen tearing. But I'm open to driver suggestions.

ps: I;m using win7 ultimate 64bits

edit: this started when I did a fresh installed of win7 rtm. I was running RC before and the dox drivers worked on that release.

• 3 weeks later...

However, I think the driver is fraked according to brightness. Though I installed from XP to Win7 (so I need to get used to the new GUI), I feel the brightness is way low, even with my usual games.

My plan is to try one of the older ones, and see if it helps.

To reply myself. Due to some other possible problem with PCI-E speed, I installed the official 186.81 driver, and brightness problems disappeared.

• 3 weeks later...

ASUS M50VN-AS023C - NVIDIA 9650m GT: Used Acronis True Image to restore a Clean Windows 7 x64 installation without graphic driver.

1st Round (18/09/2009):

Before bios update

176.92 - 4812

179.88 - 4982

185.85 Dox - 4905

186.91 - "Crashed"

190.89 - "Crashed"

191.00 - 4655

2nd Round (06/11/2009):

179.88 - 4991

186.69 - 5007

195.39 - 4633