LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver for Sony Vaio Nvidia GEForce 8400M GT

crazygravy

First let me say; GOD I hate Sony. To plan on offering no Windows 7 drivers for my laptop is ridiculous! Can anyone point me to a driver for my model #VGN-FZ290CTO laptop that they know will work with Windows 7? Can't really afford to buy a new laptop.

First let me say; GOD I hate Sony. To plan on offering no Windows 7 drivers for my laptop is ridiculous! Can anyone point me to a driver for my model #VGN-FZ290CTO laptop that they know will work with Windows 7? Can't really afford to buy a new laptop.

Same problem for me with VGN-FZ38M, in Sony Vaio website say that drivers for Windows Vista must be work. Maybe with Windows 7 32bits, but NOT with 64bits that Sony don't provide.

you can either use official drivers from sony site, though a little tricky to find:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/os/vista/64bit/

or use any of the newer drivers listed in this site. The 19*.** versions on this site work fine for me.

Can anyone point me to the exact driver that they knows works for the GEForce 8400M GT in a Vaio. Would hate to upgrade to 7 then not be able to find a driver. I that happenss is there a way to roll back to vista or??

Guest tderouet

Can anyone point me to the exact driver that they knows works for the GEForce 8400M GT in a Vaio. Would hate to upgrade to 7 then not be able to find a driver. I that happenss is there a way to roll back to vista or??

I have exactly the same trouble. The right answer from MS is to setup again your computer with Vista especially with Sony Disc Recovery and after that you will have to apply all the patch (SP1 + SP2) and then you will be able to setup 7 without any trouble. I hate this kind of answer. To my point of view i will try with 7 64 and drivers for Vista 64 bits designed for VAIO.

I hope we will find a better solution

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pavlos koukoulomatis

• 8 months later...
Guest sicktodeath

Sony are a total waste of time as far as looking after their customers, not only have the pulled the plug on my satnav, but now I have loaded Windows 7(64bit) onto my laptop VGN-NR38S I find I cannot update my graphics driver, heres one customer who will never buy another sony product.

I have a Sony VGN-AR870 that I upgraded to Windows 7 x64 and there is no driver for it either, you can use any of the WHQL drivers from MS Update (197.45, 198.01, 198.05, 257.41, etc.) or if you want the very latest you can use a modded INF from this site