LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help! Geforce go 6800 on inspiron 9300

gnaoh

Hello,

I was just wondering which driver is optimal for my Inspiron 9300 with GeForce Go 6800 256meg.

I have 2 gigs of ram with 2.00GHZ.

I am trying to watch HD videos such as .MKV and it always lag. The sound is fine but the video just lags to a point where you can't really watch it. Which video driver series would best solve this situation or at least help it. I am using VLC to watch the videos.

I also seem to notice how slow my computer is nowadays. I reformatted my computer recently to windows XP and it still lags here and there, by lag I mean take awhile for windows to pop up, scrolling on google chrome lags, and the loadings of application takes awhile. Also, watching youtube HD lags alot, especially when I put it on full screen. I mean, my friend who has the same computer as me, Inspiron 9300 with Radeon X300 graphic card that is only 64meg and 512 meb of ram runs the youtube video fine on HD and full screen. Anyway I can fix all this? I've been trying to solve this for months but can't find any info on it. Any help with do!

Thanks for your help!

Edited by gnaoh

18x series drivers should run decently with a mod INF.

Also try using the k-lite codec pack and media player classic home cinema to play the HD mkv videos.

• 2 weeks later...

What about 19x drivers? Is there any reason to upgrade to 19x driver series?

Thx in advance,

T.A.