LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce FX Go5600

Guest Brad

I'm trying to update the driver on my HP Pavillion zd7000. The card is GeForce FX Go5600 (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_031A&SUBSYS_006A103C&REV_A1)

and OS is Windows 7. I've tried several different versions on this site: 195.39, 186.91, 179.48 (vista driver). Every time the install (I've used the "have disk" method and setup.exe) seems to work but after restarting Windows reverts back to "save_vga" (whatever that is) then I'll do the "update driver" thing and it goes back to "Standard VGA graphics card". I could live with this but when I try to set the resolution to 1280x1024 it cuts off part of the bottom of the screen and anything lower just doesn't get enough stuff on the screen.

Help please?

Also, I would try the NERD thing but it doesn't appear to support Windows 7 yet.

Unfortunately, Nvidia dropped Vista support for the FX series after the 98.xx drivers, so they're the most recent you can use and still get full Aero Glass support. If you don't need Aero Glass, you can use XP drivers up through the 175 drivers. Nvidia dropped support for the FX series after that.

Try 98.13, which can be found here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/14037-v9813-vista-32bit-sony/

Unfortunately, Nvidia dropped Vista support for the FX series after the 98.xx drivers, so they're the most recent you can use and still get full Aero Glass support. If you don't need Aero Glass, you can use XP drivers up through the 175 drivers. Nvidia dropped support for the FX series after that.

Try 98.13, which can be found here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/14037-v9813-vista-32bit-sony/

I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Okay, enough loud noises. But really, thanks a ton.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to update the driver on my HP Pavillion zd7000. The card is GeForce FX Go5600 (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_031A&SUBSYS_006A103C&REV_A1)

and OS is Windows 7. I've tried several different versions on this site: 195.39, 186.91, 179.48 (vista driver). Every time the install (I've used the "have disk" method and setup.exe) seems to work but after restarting Windows reverts back to "save_vga" (whatever that is) then I'll do the "update driver" thing and it goes back to "Standard VGA graphics card". I could live with this but when I try to set the resolution to 1280x1024 it cuts off part of the bottom of the screen and anything lower just doesn't get enough stuff on the screen.

Help please?

Also, I would try the NERD thing but it doesn't appear to support Windows 7 yet.

Hi Brad

I have similar problem with my HP Pavilion ZD7000 CTO. Did you use 98.13 and does that support Aeroglass on Win7? But the link L.Sudlo gave you for the driver 98.13 is released by Sony. Can we use it for HP Pavilion? Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Keshav

Kem, be sure you replace the inf file with the modded inf. The link is next to the driver link.

Both of you, another user reported that the 156.73 Vista driver works for the FX series. You might want to give that one a try too. If if that doesn't work, then 98.13 should work fine.

Also remember that Aero Glass requires at least 128MB of video RAM. If you hav a 64MB card, you'll need to use 1024x768 resolution.

Kem, be sure you replace the inf file with the modded inf. The link is next to the driver link.

Both of you, another user reported that the 156.73 Vista driver works for the FX series. You might want to give that one a try too. If if that doesn't work, then 98.13 should work fine.

Also remember that Aero Glass requires at least 128MB of video RAM. If you hav a 64MB card, you'll need to use 1024x768 resolution.

98.13 should definitely work. What symptoms do you get when you try to install it?

You may need to uninstall your current driver in the Windows Control Panel first, before you install 98.13. Let me know if that helps.

And do try 1024x768 resolution. I've been assuming that resolution requirement is a memory limitation, but maybe there's something else going on that requires it.

Help please?

Hi

Even I tried several. But finally 101.08 beta works. Works even with Aero but not stable. If you do not use Aero I think this is much better. If you find the task bar going down you can push the talk bar up on the top. That works. But I have kept it at the bottom itself with resolution 1400x900 Try this

Let me know if it works for you. email me at keshav.us@gmail.com

I also have this same video card and I read the forum on the Have-Disk method for Win7/Vista. In the example, the person has the same video card as us and used the 97.27 driver which works perfectly with aero glass. But that guide is pretty old and I was wondering if there is a more recent driver I should update to?

Duplicate answer, but I'm replying here too, in case others see this thread first.

Known good Vista/W7 diver for the FX series:

Drivers reported to work:

Be sure to use the modded inf with each one.

If you have 64MB or less VRAM, Aero Glass will be limited to 1024x768 resolution.

Please let us know what works and what doesn't.

Duplicate answer, but I'm replying here too, in case others see this thread first.

Known good Vista/W7 diver for the FX series:

Drivers reported to work:

Be sure to use the modded inf with each one.

If you have 64MB or less VRAM, Aero Glass will be limited to 1024x768 resolution.

Please let us know what works and what doesn't.

I confirm that 98.13 driver works great on Geforce FX Go 5600 with 64 mb of video ram with 1280 x 1024 screen resolution.

I'm not sure what really happens on a laptop because my laptop backlight got busted a while ago so I had to hook up an external display which has a max resolution of 1280 x 1024. Also areo works great and video isn't laggy even though my laptop is usually generally slow.

Also I dual boot with XP so what's the recommended driver for XP. The 84.25 with the enhanced INF worked just as well as the driver I already had installed but maybe there's a better one out there.

Edited by hab

For XP, try this driver, along with its modded inf:

For XP, try this driver, along with its modded inf:

Is it better than the enhanced 84.25 driver or you're not sure? Because I don't really know how to check if a specific driver works better on my laptop.

84.25 is a fine driver. If you're happy with it, there's no need to change.