LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HDMI audio working on drivers after 179.28?

RatmanGB

I've left my laptop on driver 179.28 as I wasn't able to get sound through my TV using HDMI with any of the 180 series drivers.

Has this been fixed in any recent drivers?

Thanks!

Haven't noticed problems with latest drivers but my tests in this respect have been scarce. I'll check if my current 191.03 works faultlessly.

Bad news, 191.03 audio doesn't work for me :)

The best bet would be a WHQL driver, but I'll keep this as it's the only 19x.xx driver that has working 2D in PowerMizer for my card.

Thanks for checking for me, I'll just have to stick with 179.28 - I need HDMI audio.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I thought I tried everything to get HDMI audio to work on Win 7. I must have tried every Sigmatel / IDT Audio driver out there.

In the end, it was the default audio driver that ships with Windows 7 and the 179.28 drivers that did the trick. The Vista drivers from Sony for my VGN-FZ460E laptop didn't work.

Once again, thank you.