LaptopVideo2Go Forums

OEM Driver lookup

mobilenvidia

Noticed of late folk looking for OEM original drivers for their NVIDIA based Notebooks.

We have a page that filters the driver to your PCI_ID and SUBSYS numbers to make this a very simple job.

But alas very few seem to use it.

So here goes OEM or even just plain driver download instructions:

ie

You have a Notebook with a NVIDIA GPU

You want a WHQL driver from your OEM

But you have no idea where to go or what the latest is.

First step:

Goto Control panel and find System properties then device manager or right click on 'My Computer' then properties

You will see this:

driver_page_1.jpg

Now find the above to get your PCI_ID and SUBSYS number that will be needed later.

Now go to the drivers page as shown below (I'd say most of you will not even know it there :))

driver_page_2.jpg

In the 2 boxes circled below enter the PCI_ID and SUBSYS numbers.

Select which OS version(s) you would like drivers for.

It will only show drivers that we host with your exact PCI_ID and SUSSYS numbers.

driver_page_3.jpg

Below is what I get for my setup as an example.

driver_page_4.jpg

Now get to it and no more questions of what is the latest official driver for my Notebook

Enjoy :)

Might it be possible for you to use PNG for the screenshots, instead of JPG? Those JPGs are full of artifacts, and it hurts my eyes.

It cant find anything for my PCI_ID and SUBSYS.

If i leave the operating system out of it, it will find drivers, but when i include Windows 7 x64, it finds nothing

Thanks,

That means either we don't have driver in out database for your exact setup or your OEM has not released a driver for Win7