LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 7900 GTX drivers

Guest Jack

G'day Guys,

I have been using the 179 drivers for my Geforce Go 7900 GTX for a while now.

I recently got borderlands and sadly it keeps crashing. A suggested fix would be updating my graphics card drivers.

I run a XP 32bit, so technically I am using the most recent driver available on laptopvideo2go for my card/Operating system combo.

I thought this was a bit silly, so I tried installing the 19x drivers. Sadly, this only makes my graphics card run very hot and be recognised as a Quadro NVS 510M instead of a Geforce Go 7900 GTX.

Can someone please give me a way to install a 19x driver and still be recognised as a Geforce Go 7900 GTX? Hopefully it will allow me to play borderlands without crashing.

Regards,

Jack

I'm not having any problems with Borderlands playing on my Go 7900 GTX, but I am having problems with higher than normal temps (with Windows 7). I am currently using 190.38 but have tried a lot of drivers trying to get my temps in check and haven't had any luck yet.

As for getting your card install as a the Go 7900 GTX instead of the Quadro, do a clean install using the modded inf and it should work or try doing the have disk method and selecting the Go 7900 GTX from the list

• 5 months later...

I'm not having any problems with Borderlands playing on my Go 7900 GTX, but I am having problems with higher than normal temps (with Windows 7). I am currently using 190.38 but have tried a lot of drivers trying to get my temps in check and haven't had any luck yet.

As for getting your card install as a the Go 7900 GTX instead of the Quadro, do a clean install using the modded inf and it should work or try doing the have disk method and selecting the Go 7900 GTX from the list

Dear Stafford, how do you install using the modded inf? what how do u do that have disk method?