LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony SZ650N - Nvidia 8400M GS

sillyjav

Just wondering, anyone out there using the Nvidia 8400M GS, know which driver is good?

I am currently using 190.62

System specs:

2.20 GHz

2 GB of Ram

Nvidia 8400m GS

Windows 7 32bit

Thanks!

Just wondering, anyone out there using the Nvidia 8400M GS, know which driver is good?

I am currently using 190.62

System specs:

2.20 GHz

2 GB of Ram

Nvidia 8400m GS

Windows 7 32bit

Thanks!

Hey, I'm still using stock drivers on the Asian/European equivalent SZ - should be exactly the same spec in terms of graphics.

I'm just wondering with the drivers you are using do your Function Brightness keys work? Mine do until I close my lid for more than 10 seconds or so and re-open. Then my brightness is stuck until I reboot. I don't know if it's the graphics driver or what....

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, originally when i used Windows Vista, yeah my brightness buttons did work. But after i installed Windows7, my brightness function keys stopped working all together. But its a small inconvenience.

Just a question, if anyone knows. Are the latest drivers better... or the ones before, for example: 186.81 etc...

Because when i go to the nvidia site and put in my graphics driver... it directs me to 186.81 instead of the newest 190.xx one.

Well, originally when i used Windows Vista, yeah my brightness buttons did work. But after i installed Windows7, my brightness function keys stopped working all together. But its a small inconvenience.

Just a question, if anyone knows. Are the latest drivers better... or the ones before, for example: 186.81 etc...

Because when i go to the nvidia site and put in my graphics driver... it directs me to 186.81 instead of the newest 190.xx one.

From what I understand the 180 and 190 series are headed by 2 competing teams at nVidia. I don't know which is better though.

Can you still adjust the brightness (i'm guessing via a slider at the battery icon power panel in the system tray?)? What if you close and re-open the screen?

I think you can get the keys to work again if you use the Sony Nvidia drivers..