LaptopVideo2Go Forums

win7 dualscreen and wrong display resolution

stockhomer

hi

im running win 7 x86 in a vaio vgn nr 21s/s with a 8400mgt and i cant find a driver which displays my correct resolution in my external wide screen (22'' at 1680/1050)

all i cant get is 1600/1200 or above but not he optimal

if someone could help me ill be grateful

Edited by stockhomer

You have to free the modes your laptop can't show by default and then you can use 1680x1050 or create a custom mode if it's missing. But 1680x1050 should be there, at least when using modified inf when installing. My laptop screen is 1920x1200 and external is 1680x1050. After installing a new driver I always have to dig that 1680x1050 out, by default it's hidden.

You have to free the modes your laptop can't show by default and then you can use 1680x1050 or create a custom mode if it's missing. But 1680x1050 should be there, at least when using modified inf when installing. My laptop screen is 1920x1200 and external is 1680x1050. After installing a new driver I always have to dig that 1680x1050 out, by default it's hidden.

already tried, but the resolution comes back to 16000/1024 or 1600/1200 and thats not my native resolution

thx

already tried, but the resolution comes back to 16000/1024 or 1600/1200 and thats not my native resolution

thx

any suggestions plz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just saw your post and the sulution is : search for Powerstrip and use it to create custom driver for your display adding the native resolution. Install the new driver. if the screen still does't work with new custom driver then use an non EDID cable or (if you use a vga cable) remove the 12th pin from the cable so no EDID data comes from the screen to the pc

VGA connector:

(___o-o-o-o-o___)

_\_o-o-o-o-o___/ X is the pin to remove, for DVI search the internet as i can't remember the correct pin to remove....

__\_o-X-o-o-o_/

if there are still any issues with the screen create the custom drivers with your screen connected to the pc with the non EDID or moddified cable

good luck and hope i wasn't tooo late to help :)

Edited by jimjam007