LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nvidia geforce 8400m gt driver update

groucho

Hi! I have a sony vaio vgn-fz21m with a nvidia geforce 8400m gt mounted on it.

I need to update it, but on the nvidia site the drivers I found the driver but during the installation a window says that this driver is not compatible with a hardware in use..So how can I upload my display card?

thanks y'all

Hi! I have a sony vaio vgn-fz21m with a nvidia geforce 8400m gt mounted on it.

I need to update it, but on the nvidia site the drivers I found the driver but during the installation a window says that this driver is not compatible with a hardware in use..So how can I upload my display card?

thanks y'all

Next time read descriptions more carefully.. On Nvidia site it says that those drivers do not support SonyVaios. That's a common problem with laptops, that we do not get as many driver updates as PCs. So what is left to do is that you should search this forum for 19x.xx driver and check if it supports your laptop. Before installig check how to do that, coz you have to do it with inf file probably.

Good luck!

thanks for the reply, but I don't know how to install the driver I found on this website and how to apply the .inf file modified because this file contains many models, including mine, too.

To avoid damaging my laptop I need to know how to install it.

Once I found the driver I needed on this site, but now I have formatted my laptop and I have the pre-installed drivers.

Can u help me??thanks

Once you extract the driver, it makes a folder with the driver in it. You have to place the mod inf in the folder to mod the driver. After that, just install the driver as normal. Everything should be fine then.

Once you extract the driver, it makes a folder with the driver in it. You have to place the mod inf in the folder to mod the driver. After that, just install the driver as normal. Everything should be fine then.

Ok.but one last question.Are there any clues to check if the driver is correct or not?that is, if I install a wrong driver, it should only display some error-window,shouldn't it?

thanks for all the support

The worst case scenario you would find it's a problem with the drivers making windows to uninstall them

I'm right now trying the 195.55 and they work just fine but still I recommend the latest DoX drivers.

To know if there's any problem I recommend you to use GPU-Z (look at the picture).

The worst case scenario you would find it's a problem with the drivers making windows to uninstall them

I'm right now trying the 195.55 and they work just fine but still I recommend the latest DoX drivers.

To know if there's any problem I recommend you to use GPU-Z (look at the picture).

So do you have my same video card chipset?

what do you mean with Dox Driver?maybe the direct x?and with GPU-Z?

So do you have my same video card chipset?

what do you mean with Dox Driver?maybe the direct x?and with GPU-Z?

Now I go on installing the driver package I've just taken from Nvidia site, putting in its folder the modified .inf file taken from this site...Can I do this?

thanks y'all