LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia geforce 7150M overclock

Infinite.Limit

Hi I am new to this forum.

I have been looking all over the internet for a way to overclock my nvidia geforce 7150m card on my laptop, hp dv6000 series. I am using windows 7 x86 pro. It used to be overclocked when it was vista but the old driver does not work anymore. I have tried coolbits, rivatuner,and nvidia control panel. I was able to overclock my cpu and memory just fine but when I attempt to change the gpu frequency it does not work. After clicking "Apply", it just resets to factory settings. I have seem other posts with a similar problem but not on windows 7 and they weren't resolved either. Anyone know how to bypass this problem?

Probably depends on the driver - which version is the new one that doesn't overclock? On Vista the overclocking problems have been almost non-existent with the recent drivers.

I do not remember which I have installed. Is there a way to check on windows 7? I googled how to check but no luck.

*edit* my dxdiag shows the driver as nvd3dum.dll, nvwgf2um.dll version 7.15.11.7948* Is there a better driver that would let me O/C the gpu for windows 7?*

Edited by Infinite.Limit

Probably you have to do trial and error tests - 179.48 overclocked fine for me, using the modified inf and Vista32.

If I used Nvidia control panel to O/C my gpu and memory, will uninstalling the display driver with Driver Sweeper undo my changes?