LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 195.62 WHQL for notebooks

Galdere

I've also been having this same problem, it's very minor yet very annoying...

yeah... wonder what cause may be... guess it will be one of that system driver files, but dunno which one is working with this :/

Guest Eugene91

Very weird.. the installation never finished on my 6935g with 9600m gt ddr2 1gb. It says system has not been modified..

Forced to use Acer's 187.66 which is as good as Dox's 185.85 :)

But it is not actually changing the power of lamps, does it?

for me the brightness(power) went down and couldn't change it upwards :) but that was indeed with .55 mobile amd .65 desktop ... the whql .65 fixed it, so I don't think I'm gonna install :)

Acer 8930G overclock from 500/400/1250 to 650/425/1625 allot of driver make it unstable, but not the modded .65 desktop whql's so why for F*sake would nvidia f*ck up the brightness issue??

Seemed to have a problem setting custom resolutions with my 9600M GS. Kept getting test failed even though it worked before using the previous notebook and desktop drivers. Otherwise, no problems so far. Even got a slight boost in performance in some games.

Seemed to have a problem setting custom resolutions with my 9600M GS. Kept getting test failed even though it worked before using the previous notebook and desktop drivers. Otherwise, no problems so far. Even got a slight boost in performance in some games.

I have had this with all 195.xx mobile drivers thus far.

You can add them manually to the registry by going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{GID}\0001 and modify NVModes, adding your desired resolutions to the end. For example, 800x500x8,16,32; for 800x500 with 8, 16 and 32-bit colour.

Screw you SONY again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does not support s...t ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER BUY A SONY VAIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest I3atman

I'm gonna state all the issues i have with the new driver as well as it's performance here so everyone could use some useful info. First of all, after the installation done i wasn't asked to restart my laptop but i had to restart my laptop myself. After the restart, the system has recognized the new driver and new nvidia control panel except that it seems my screen brightness has changed everything seems too bright. I decided to do a clean uninstall nvidia driver and then reinstall. It still didn't ask me to restart my laptop but after manual restart everything works fine. The performance of 195.62 is about the same with the previous 186.81. I've tested it in some latest games like Street Fighter 4, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5, FPS is about the same but it seems my video card run cooler with this driver. By the way i'm running on Vista Home Premium x86 with 9600M GT 512MB DDR2.

THAT "FUUUUUUUUUUUU" start button is Epic XD

Guest Waspy666

yeah... wonder what cause may be... guess it will be one of that system driver files, but dunno which one is working with this :/

I'd be happy to revert back to Acers 187.66, however i prefer these driver simply because they provide hardware acceleration for HD content on YouTube etc using the latest beta of adobe flash player 10.1

The least i could do was report the problem directly to Nvidia and suggest that you do to so they know its not a common problem that needs fixing!? Up to you guys!

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=50aa59cdf782d18a4d043cdd3baa920a

Good luck!

I haven't had much time to go and check driver performance yet however so far these drivers have some flaws. When i unplug power from my laptop it doesn't change my brightness down to 1% when i unplug but so far these drivers are pretty decent. When i get time i'll go through and check driver performance on the games.

when i try and install it, i get 'The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.' even after modding the .inf myself with the nvidia mobility modder i still get this message. is there any way to get around this? btw my card is a 9600m gt DDR3 256MB.

It seems that it is enabled, had to update GPU-Z to version 0.3.8 to show if the option was enabled. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate Retail x64 on an Acer Aspire 4937G with an NVIDIA G 105M.

Hope this was helpful.

Even with 0.3.8 Update for GPU-Z it still shows Open CL Closed on my end but its not biggie i guess.

Even with 0.3.8 Update for GPU-Z it still shows Open CL Closed on my end but its not biggie i guess.

Same with me.

Guest SpecterLich

Hey,

Anyone experiencing screen flickering (horizontal lines flashing) in 3D games? Specifically in MW2 usually when there is a sudden graphic effect (explosion, flash-bang, thermal vision, etc.) the screen starts to flicker. I have to alt-tab out and back in to the game every time to make it go away.

Hey,

Anyone experiencing screen flickering (horizontal lines flashing) in 3D games? Specifically in MW2 usually when there is a sudden graphic effect (explosion, flash-bang, thermal vision, etc.) the screen starts to flicker. I have to alt-tab out and back in to the game every time to make it go away.

thank you! someone else with this problem! yep i also have this annoying problem, i've tracked down what seems to be the cause of the issue, apparently it is to do openGL, not exactly sure what though...i've experienced it in far cry 2, cod 4 and mw2, pretty much the rest of my games are fine. i've got a macbook pro with a 9600m gt ddr3 card.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=RcP&ei=NAIhS9fhBdGGkAWQhLXkCg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAYQBSgA&q=opengl+screen+flicker&spell=1

http://www.ngohq.com/ngo-nvidia-optimized-driver/731-opengl-flickering-fix.html

the second link talks about using rivatuner to counteract the problem, however this seems too much like a temporary fix for me. i want to get rid of it for good...