LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Multiple Montors on win 7 with GeForce FX Go5200 64M

Guest Sapce Monkey

Guest Sapce Monkey

I can't seem to get multiple monitors working on my laptop which is a Toshiba Tecra M2. I can't get the internal screen and the external screen working at the same time whether I'm trying to clone my display, extend my display or even simply change from using external to internal(to change it requires a reboot).

I Could do all this fine on Windows XP but once I moved to Windows 7 I could no longer find any real drivers for my device so I presumed I would have to live without these features. That is until I found this awesome site!

So the past few days I have been reading these forums and trying different drivers. I tried many from 98.13, which is apparently the last driver which works with Aero glass, to 175.80. They all significantly improved video performance but none would let me use multiple monitors.

It has now become really annoying because I need to use multiple monitors for a presentation next week. I dont care if Aero glass doesn't work I would prefer multiple monitors.

Has anyone heard of a fix for this? A driver that supports it on my GPU? Or really has any feed back at all.

Any input would be great! :)

ps One other thing that might help, the S-Video out port doesn't seem to work either, not sure if that is significant or not. And sorry about the long post haha

Hey how are you doing?

I hope you can help me, I have a similar issue. I moved from XP to 7 recently, but I couldn't find the driver for the same videocard, the Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200 64M, 98.13, the one that supports the Aero features, and I see that apparently you found it. If you could post a link from where you did find it, I'd appreciate it enormously!

many thanks in advance

regarding to your issue, maybe trying both monitors turned on from system boot?