LaptopVideo2Go Forums

mobilenvidia

Just watched the Tralier for this upcoming movie Avatar

Was expecting something great to look forward to as I'll be in the big city a week after release.

But was disappointed, the CGI effects were all nice and dandy, but the story line looks so familiar (and bad), it's just a heap of previous bad movies with Blue Aliens.

It's just so Epsiode III of Star Warsy, I hope the 3D effects will make up for a terrible looking story.

This going to be interesting to see how well it does.

Just my thoughts of what I've seen of the Trailer, feel free to have your say.

Terminator > Aliens > Abyss > Terminator 2: Judgment Day > True Lies > Titanic

With that kind of track record, I'm willing to give this a chance...

Well I played the DEMO.. looks kinda OK... and stuff! But think the movie is a tad better.. I sometimes preffer special-effect-CGI over story :) (kinda like 2012 :))

Pieter, I had exactly the same reaction. After James Cameron's past excellent films, maybe my expectations were too high.

I love CGI and effects, but they should support a good story instead of being the whole point of the movie.

Pieter, I had exactly the same reaction. After James Cameron's past excellent films, maybe my expectations were too high.

I love CGI and effects, but they should support a good story instead of being the whole point of the movie.

I think what Cameron is trying to do here is sell a product to people who haven't been interested in other films *like* this one. There are people who hate Star Trek/Star Wars, Terminator, etc. I think he's trying to make an "action movie for the masses who generally hate action movies."

I'm not sure what Cameron is trying to tell with this movie.

Looks to me he's been put in charge to bring 3D to the masses at any cost (well $550Mil)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it was a pretty good movie but long as hell. Was a very good movie thou, wasn't to bad.