LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Forceware 195.81 released

mobilenvidia

Here are the latest set of official BETA drivers from NVIDIA.

Kudos to neokjo for pointing these out.

Mobile Windows 7 / Vista x32

Mobile Windows 7 / Vista x64

Mobile Windows XP x32

Mobile Windows XP x64

Windows 7 / Vista x32

Windows 7 / Vista x64

Windows XP x32

Windows XP x64

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS

This is a beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

This driver is identical to the 195.62 WHQL drivers except for the following:

Several bug fixes to support the new Adobe Flash 10.1 Beta 2 release. Learn more here.

Adds new SLI and multi-GPU profiles for Avatar Demo, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo, and Wings of Prey.

Yip all links working now, you must have found these while NV were still uploading them.

No i saw the difference between the mobile and desktop version.

The order of the operating system in the file name was not the same.

Changed it and the mobile links worked.

But now the old links work too.

That's why i think that nvidia copied the files on their server

and renamed it to the "wrong" filename to get their existing links working.

Now u can donwload the files with "win7_winvista" or "winvista_win7"

in the filename.

nvidia are funny guys :-)

Edited by neokjo

Hello.

Very strange, like 195.62 these drivers won't install on my ACER Aspire with geforce GT 130M...

They say my hardware was not recognized.

Does anybody know how to correct this problem?

Thank you.

Romain.

still no mobile 7 series support?

I'll try and benchmark these later today. I would be incredibly surprised if the result was anything different than the rest of the 195.xx series. All of Nvidia's recent notebook drivers in 3DMark06 come between 4,440-4,450 on my rig (default testing options and clock). Haven't really noticed any difference in gaming either.

I'll try and benchmark these later today. I would be incredibly surprised if the result was anything different than the rest of the 195.xx series.

As this driver is principally a little debugged 195.62 you probably get no different results.

If the release notes are to be believed, these drivers are still no good--Dragon Age is still probably bugged, and performance is probably bad.

It's been stated clearly by NVIDIA in their release highlights, doesn't even have a lot to offer.

This driver is identical to the 195.62 WHQL drivers except for the following:

Several bug fixes to support the new Adobe Flash 10.1 Beta 2 release. Learn more here.

Adds new SLI and multi-GPU profiles for Avatar Demo, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo, and Wings of Prey.

I benchmarked this only because I said I would. We all knew this would be the result. 3DMark06, default settings, default clock: 4,443. Same as the rest of the 195.xx family.

As anticipated, gaming difference are null. I'll keep this driver installed. But, boy, I wish Dox had time to modify drivers again; they were such hotness. :)

I tried to install x64 mobile version. The correct driver.

Same f3ck1ng cr4p as before, with the previous version:-

'can't install our 5h177y control panel - rolling back the driver to the previous version that worked'

Does this mean I'm stuck with 195.55 for ever? because neither Driver Sweeper nor manual registry digging and deletion managed to remove whatever cr4p they installed, that bugg3r3d up future installs for me.

I still never found out where Windows was hiding another copy of 195.55, to pull out of the bag and perform this reinstall.

Guess what? I'm p1553d off.

I can see no reason for this anomaly, other than some cr4pp7 coding oversight.

Fix it! nV :)

Guest Waspy666

Still no brightness control with Fn keys on AS8930G with 9600M GT.

Same here on Aspire 6935G with 9600M GT, will not change using different power plans or manual (fn) controls...

I've reported this problem with some (but not all) previous nvidia drivers, you might want to do the same!?

Here's the link if you are unaware of it:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driverqualityassurance.html

Does this version still suffer the missing 2D acceleration with some apps like Windows Photo Gallery, the default image viewer with Vista/Win7 (try Slideshow mode: if pics zoom/fade-out is sluggish and jerking and CPU goes 80% that's the case)? 'Till 195.62 was still present. It's a problem introduced with 191+ family...

EDIT: yes, it is still present uuuh.gif

Edited by rolloLG

It's compatible but Sony support is missing - blame Sony.

It's compatible but Sony support is missing - blame Sony.

Thanks for the reply. Can you help with a draiver windows 7 64bit ?