LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Apple Atheros AR5008, cant get it working.

Guest Azkay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Apple-Atheros-AR5008-AR5BXB72-Mini-Pci-e-802-11n-300M_W0QQitemZ290363000999QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Computers_Apple_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439afbc8a7

I bought that a few weeks ago, just installed it today under XP Pro SP3, 32bit.

No matter what I do, im getting "Device cannot be started (code 10)".

Backtrack3 and SliTaZ didnt detect it, couldve been due to wrong drivers or something.

In XP, I tried the drivers here, drivers listed on the ebay page and other drivers from other sites, none of them worked.

Ive been told it may be locked for apple hardware/software/osx or something, any ideas?

In the meantime, ive switched back to my AR5007EG. Is it supposed to have such bad signal strength?

The stock Realtek G card that came with this machine, it also only had 1 internal antenna, had 4/5 strength bars to my AP under XP.

With the AR5007, also adding a second internal antenna, I only get 2/5 bars of strength. Is it supposed to be this bad? Any tips?