LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM Type II - 8600m replacement

Guilherme Françoso

Dear members,

I have one of theese Compal barebones, actualy it´s one JFL92. Since Sep 2008, it is working great, but its 8600M GT is no longer one of the best video cards for gamming and 3D. I´ve searched eBay´s after MXM II cards and found this one, wich looks stronger than mine. Have anyone allready replaced video cards in this notebook? If so, should this video card work well? Is there any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guilherme Françoso

Guest erbarad

Dear members,

I have one of theese Compal barebones, actualy it´s one JFL92. Since Sep 2008, it is working great, but its 8600M GT is no longer one of the best video cards for gamming and 3D. I´ve searched eBay´s after MXM II cards and found this one, wich looks stronger than mine. Have anyone allready replaced video cards in this notebook? If so, should this video card work well? Is there any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

It's no good, it's a MM III type card, too big for JHL92. The best thing you can get is 8600m gt with 512 mb ddr3.

It's no good, it's a MM III type card, too big for JHL92. The best thing you can get is 8600m gt with 512 mb ddr3.

I'm afraid you are wrong my friend as GO 9600GT is MMX II type and not III and if he has got already 8600 than the 9600 will fit as well and should work and as far as i know is quite powerful peace of kit.

PS. Some info and benchmark of the Go 9600GT card My link

I'm afraid you are wrong my friend as GO 9600GT is MMX II type and not III and if he has got already 8600 than the 9600 will fit as well and should work and as far as i know is quite powerful peace of kit.

PS. Some info and benchmark of the Go 9600GT card My link

Thanks man... I´ll order it.