LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Horizonal Sync Polarity?

Guest Seij

Hello there,

don't know if I'm at the right place here but I try it ^^

I have bought me a new external TFT monitor (Acer X223HQb - only VGA D-SUB) for my Laptop (Samsung R560 Aura P8400 Madril with nVidia GeForce 9600M GT) but at home after I installed the new monitor I saw a flickering over the screen. Not such a flickering when the refresh rate is not right but more a flickering that shows up after a few seconds and only in one line of the monitor (there where many weird lines on the screen).

After many tries with new drivers, tweaking the refresh rate I have finally discovered that if I change the horizontal sync polarity from positive to negative (positive is the driver default) the problem goes away.

But I'm not sure if this is good. Can someone help me please and could tell me if these changes are ok or if they destroy the monitor?

Greets

Seij

P.S.:

Sorry for my bad englisch ^^ I'm from Germany