LaptopVideo2Go Forums

M1730 work like a charm

Nazzo

Thanks to mobileenvidia. This is the way i'd made:

1) Download driver 6162.3 & 6255.0 from here drivers

2) Download modded ini by mobileenvidia from here ini

3) Replace modded ini in the two drivers.

4) Update via device manager first driver and restart. Update second driver (6255) with setup and restart. Config with new control panel and enjoy.

This is my way and works with a new fresh install of Windows 7 x64 on my Dell XPS M1730.

Edited by Nazzo

• 5 months later...

4) Update via device manager first driver and restart. Update second driver (6255) with setup and restart. Config with new control panel and enjoy.

This is my way and works with a new fresh install of Windows 7 x64 on my Dell XPS M1730.

Thanks Nazzo, this worked for me too in Windows Vista 32-bit on my M1730. I did have some weirdness with the Windows volume control applet in the system tray, but it sorted itself out after I tinkered a bit.

I tried updating to 6277 as well, but got a Code 10 and had to roll back. I think the modded 6277 on here is messed up though since it doesn't come with a setup.exe *nor* a WRT.ini.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Guest_0VERL0RD_*'s HP IDT 6.10.6284.0 driver to install using the M1730-specific modded WRT.INI.

• 3 months later...

I tried this on Win7 ultimate 64bit M1730

No other sound drivers installed, fresh windows install.

The first manually (6162.3) says that best drivers already installed for the device so I decided that its would be best not to proceed to step 2.

The ini is just WRT not WRT64 or whatever it seems it should be. Either way, no go. :)