LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Audio Crackling and Inconsistency

Guest Nithrand

Guest Nithrand

Hello all, I've recently upgraded from Windows XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit and I've been having some consistency issues with my audio.

For example, when running a program like ventrilo, if I hit my push to talk key I will hear a popping or crackling noise right before the Push to Talk sound initiates.

The same will happen when I release the key. Also, if I open a folder or start music I will also hear the noise right before the sound begins and most likely after the sound ends.

I've used both your modified drivers as well as stock drivers from dell.

My current system is a Dell Precision M90 with what appears to be the Sigmatel 92xx Series audio.

Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Guest Nithrand

Hello all, I've recently upgraded from Windows XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit and I've been having some consistency issues with my audio.

For example, when running a program like ventrilo, if I hit my push to talk key I will hear a popping or crackling noise right before the Push to Talk sound initiates.

The same will happen when I release the key. Also, if I open a folder or start music I will also hear the noise right before the sound begins and most likely after the sound ends.

I've used both your modified drivers as well as stock drivers from dell.

My current system is a Dell Precision M90 with what appears to be the Sigmatel 92xx Series audio.

Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Strangely enough, I found a workaround for my problem. If I load a song in windows media player and either leave it running or just pause it the crackling / popping stops. However once I close windows media player it all comes back.

• 2 months later...

Strangely enough, I found a workaround for my problem. If I load a song in windows media player and either leave it running or just pause it the crackling / popping stops. However once I close windows media player it all comes back.

Hi! I have absolutely same problem and can not find solution... I tried everything, change my sound card, graphic, power supply... What spec do you have?