LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Alienware 6800 GO / Windows 7 x64

Guest Generatorman

Guest Generatorman

Good day to all and hope you all had a great holiday.

I have a Alienware M7700 with a NV41 6800 GO. I have been pulling teeth out trying to get a driver loaded for the VGA since I loaded the unit with Win 7 x64. I just can't seem to find a driver (and I have loaded many) that will work. Unfortunately in the driver section I can not seem to come up with a driver for win 7 x64...Vista yes, but not 7. I have tried all the XP x64 and Vista x64 drivers w/ and w/o the modd'd inf's.

I also tried to utilize NERD to give you all a log but, NERD states it is not supported in Windows 7 when I try to execute it. The unit will start up and achieve 1280 screen resolution on a generic VGA driver in Win 7 but the screen res should be 1440. When I load a driver with or without a modd'd inf all I get upon restart is a wild laser show and maybe a glimpse of my desktop every now and again until I restart in Safemode and remove the driver.

Here are the specs:

Alienware M7700

Geforce (NV41 yes 41) 6800 GO 256Mb

PCI/VEN_00C8&SUBSYS_09001558&REV_A2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Any ideas would surely be welcomed.

Thank you much for your time

Well after TONS of researching this and other forums I finally got it all to work.

If anyone else reads into this here's what I did to make this work.

I could not find a win 7 compatible driver for my 00c8 - 0901558 device (NV41 6800 GO). So what I did is flashed the video card bios to a 6800 Ultra bios (which fools it into thinking it's a 00c9 - 09001558), then loaded 195.81 drivers with the modded inf from the drivers section.....Wala - Works like a champ!!

Keep in mind however....I DO NOT game with this machine....it's just my wife's mobile PC (now that it works).

Anyone needing Win 7 x64 help (Drivers)on the M7700 and D900T give me a shout, it took some researching and begging but I got the drivers (Finally).

UPDATE!!

Well, That didn't last long, first time the wife tried to play Free Cell it went nuts. Screen scrambled and went to BSD.

Now on subsequent re-boots, BSD. Keep getting a 0X0000016 Error....problem with Nvllk.sys...or something......Well back to the drawing board.

Any help on this one out there??

I re-loaded the Standard VGA adapter driver all is well now...just stuck @ 1280 with little or no acceleration.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Remco Rietveld

UPDATE!!

Well, That didn't last long, first time the wife tried to play Free Cell it went nuts. Screen scrambled and went to BSD.

Now on subsequent re-boots, BSD. Keep getting a 0X0000016 Error....problem with Nvllk.sys...or something......Well back to the drawing board.

Any help on this one out there??

I re-loaded the Standard VGA adapter driver all is well now...just stuck @ 1280 with little or no acceleration.

I had the same problem with win7 32bit and I solved it with this driver.

http://downloads.eurocom.com/support/drivers/zip/D900K/Vista32/01VIDEO.zip

Maybe eurocom has also a 64bit vista driver. Most vista drivers also work with win7

goodluck from the Netherlands