LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Sony Vaio L Series and NVIDIA GeForce GT240M

Lupoapippi

Hi,

I'm an italian man nad I don't speak english very well, but I try...

I have bought one Sony Vaio Desktop PC All in ONE L Series model VPCL11S2E/S

This PC have Windows7 64bit Home Premium but I must install Windows XP PROFESSIONAL. I have found all driver but i haven't found the VGA driver. This is ID Hardware

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_9060104D

In this site I find the driver for Vista or Windows7 for this model but I don't find the driver for XP.

Anyone can help me?

In attachments the EVEREST file

Thanks to everybody

Report.zip

Ah ... io amo l'Italia, fatta nel febbraio ire :)

Sui problemi di driver, vi consiglio di provare

Almeno nel file INF è la vostra scheda video, guardando ovunque non riuscivo a trovare i driver per XP 32/64 bit (o Sony, Dell, Acer, et cetéra ...) "ufficiale" di per sé

Non dimenticate di aggiungere il file INF nella directory, felice anno nuovo. :)

or...

Oh... I love Italy, by the way I'm going in February there

About your issue with the drivers, I'll recommend you to try

At least in the INF file I could find your graphic card (obviously all the thanks should go to Pieter :P ), even though I couldn't find an official driver nor from Sony, Dell, Acer for XP 32/64 bits on which your graphic card appear.

Don't forget to add the INF file to the directory, happy new year.

I hope it work's.... and now that I'm thinking I wasted like 30 minutes trying to write it quite right... so next time I'll just use some translator hehe

I'm very happy for you "Italy love"!!!!

I try with this driver but don't function!!!

My WinXP is 32bit and the version 64bit or 32bit which you find don't function for my device!!!

Bye

Quick search with the ID 0A34 gave 190.40 as result. I didn't check the original or modified inf closer.

Quick search with the ID 0A34 gave 190.40 as result. I didn't check the original or modified inf closer.

Thanks for your interess... I try this driver with the original inf and with the inf modified but don't work!!! With the original inf give "NO DEVICE COMPATIBILE WITH THIS DRIVER" and witch modified I can install the driver but when I restart PC, the display cannot function!

Thanks....

Sorry for you... guess why I can't even imagine to buy a Sony laptop :)

Oh... I'm sorry, reading your lavalyst log it said that you had a 64 bit XP :)...

Well, this is the 32 bit version,

first uninstall the older ones then use a program such as "driver sweeper" (free) or driver cleaner

in safe mode, restart and again in safe mode try to install the drivers using the modified INF file...

What do you mean that it doesnt work?, black screen or the system just restores the older drivers?

What do you mean that it doesnt work?, black screen or the system just restores the older drivers?

I have installed the 32bit driver but it doesn't work.... BLACK SCREEN!!!

I think it's impossible!!!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Lupoapippi , Did you manage to get this working i have the same problem but with the g210m graphics card and the same L series machine.

Many Thanks